Possible Memphis-area Mini-Dopefest, Oct. 7 or 8?

What day are we looking at? How many are coming? Is everyone good with Ben’s Place?

Tuesday (possibly Thursday), Ben’s place is fine.

Possibles:

NinetyWt
WillSantini
adehmar
Fretful Porpentine
Shellibean

Forgot to remind Skald. I’ll do that now.

rolandgunslinger, you still interested?

I’m fixing to leave for the conference, I’ll check the thread later this afternoon or evening.

I’m free either day, just let me know what day/time.

I’m afraid I’m probably out. It’s a long drive, and I have a few too many work-related commitments keeping me at home :frowning:

Same for me - and I hate that. Please do come for lunch or something one day if you are in the Columbus area. And we’ll have to plan a bigger one in the future.

PS - I cannot go through a dopefest without buying a drink for someone named rolandgunslinger. We’ll commala at a large meal!

Aw, shoot. Well I will look y’all up the next time I’m in Columbus. I do get up there from time to time.

Will, I forgot that tonight is the debate. :confused: Thursday looks better.

Roland says he will let us know by this afternoon.

Update:

Some of us from the conference went to Ben’s Place (around sixish). Four months ago it changed hands, has a new owner.

They no longer have catfish, steaks or shrimp on their menu. The menu is extremely limited; grilled chicken sandwich; philly cheese steak sandwich; blt; etc. The food was not very good.

The beer, however, was cold. Nothing on tap, only bottled beer, but they did have Blue Moon and Sam Adams.

If anyone still wants to go out on Thursday night, I suggest we go someplace else. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ll be able to make it. :frowning:

That’s alright Will, we’ll just chalk this one up to preliminary investigations for the next one. :wink:

We’re going to the Mesquite Chop House tonight.