Possible Memphis-area Mini-Dopefest, Oct. 7 or 8?

I think I’ll go up in the attic and see what Halloween outfits are up there. Whee!

I am thinking of attending, but I’m always a “maybe” because I have to cancel alot of things at the last minute (kidlets).

Saturday is best for me only for the time to get there and back.

Like I said earlier though, I’m gonna let you guys do what you do and go along for the ride.

I will consider attending if I can get Kimmy to come.

Oooh! Tell her she can pick any recipe out of my Secret Recipe File[sup]TM[/sup] if she’ll come!

Also, I found a costume to wear. And I want to [del]unleash it on y’all[/del] show it off.

:smiley:

I’ll be going back home Friday morning. :frowning:

I can’t make it to Memphis, but anyone in central MS is welcome to chill with me sometime. I’m in Raymond right now (but I spend a lot of time in Vicksburg, too).

Dang. I got message board neighbors. Sweet. :smiley:

See, she could come meet us at the Fair. In between classes. :wink:

ACTUALLY we should have thought of this for the Hal & Mal’s St. Paddy’s Day Parade. The Sweet Potato Queens have nothing on us! All we need is a catchy name …

I would like to meet ya’ll but I work until around 8pm in Southaven so it would depend on how long you would be hanging out.

Adhemar

I could probably be out until, say, midnight, especially as I won’t be drinking. Seems like WillSantini knows some places near Southaven. Is any particular night better for you (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)? Will you wear a costume? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooh. I live in Columbus, MS. I might join you if it’s on Tuesday (but you should definitely NOT make this a major factor in your planning, because I’m rather phobic about driving long distances and I’m not sure whether I’ll have time in any case).

Maybe you and Shellibean could carpool? It is a far piece from the Golden Triangle, true.

Hmm, that’s an idea, but I think I’d probably want to spend the whole day in Memphis, since I don’t have to work on Tuesday. So it would make more sense for me to drive, all things considered.

Wow I had no idea we were so close. I work in Columbus two days a week!

Tuesday or Wednesday would be better, probably no costume.

Adhemar

I just moved here at the beginning of August, so we haven’t been so close for very long :slight_smile: Nice to meet another Mississippi Doper!

Yeah it is. I just moved here in June (but lived here 16 years ago). I have a friend that moved back here this summer after marrying a local boy from long distance. She is going to the W, and I am going back there next semester.
Cool - nice to meet a local!

OK y’all, next time I’m in Columbus we are going to have to do lunch!
Tuesday sounds like it’s emerging as the winner.

WillSantini, what kind of place is Ben’s Place? :slight_smile:

It’s a restaurant / bar, haven’t been there in a while, but if i remember, it leans more on the restaurant side.

anyone still interested?

I am! I saw a guy I know today who’s going to be at the conference and he’d like to tag along. I probably will pick up a couple more if y’all don’t mind. :slight_smile:

I told Skald I’d remind him over the weekend. He says Kim’s not been feeling well, so they may not come.