Post Any Concert You Like, Any Era, Any Genre of Music

I saw this show. Not this show, but this tour in a much smaller venue. Junior year in high school.

Blue Oyster Cult - 1981

Gordon Lightfoot as I remember first encountering him. He was (is still) inspirational.

The video quality is kinda lousy, but here’s a great version of “Lighten Up McGraw” by Crack The Sky, showcasing Rick Witkowski and Bobby Hird trading off licks in an extended guitar duel.

Bad video quality. The sound quality at the Pontiac Silverdome was muddy as hell. Also probably a long way from the Stones’ best live performances. But I was there:

I was 17, and we thought the Stones were old men then (but still cool to see live). Mick was 38 at the time, 17 years younger than I am now :tired_face:

Isn’t Anything-era My Bloody Valentine

nevermind

Georg Friedrich Händel, Music for the Royal Fireworks (1749), played on period instruments.

Thoroughly enjoyed that!

The Pet Shop Boys in Sao Paolo.

The Seekers Farewell Concert (1968), in four parts. Judith Durham is an angel come to Earth.

I fucking love New Order

The Moody Blues at Albert Hall:

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, 1980. The BBC re-showed this as a tribute when Tom died. I was sitting watching, and a few minutes in I had a slow-slow-slowburn realisation…holy shit, I was there.

Forty years ago. Yikes.

j

I like this version of Breakdown. I saw Tom in concert 9 times. Be it on video or IRL, I always get the chills when the audience does the singing. It must be an amazing feeling to write such a great song that the audience sings it to (for) you.

The funny thing is I got dragged to the first one. I was one of those ‘I don’t know any Tom Petty songs’ only to get to the show and realize I knew all the words to almost all the songs. After that, my friends and I would see him every time he came through Milwaukee (he was at Summerfest a lot), plus we saw him in Chicago and Minneapolis.

Not the full concert, but While My Guitar Gently Weeps at the 2004 RnR Hall of fame.
The look on Dhani’s face during this is amazing.

Another ‘not a concert’ entry. Prince’s Superbowl halftime show. Even if you don’t like Prince, watch this. It’s like a little 8 minute documentary on how dedicated Prince (and his band and his dancers) are.

Can you make it rain harder?

Kiss Guy. It doesn’t matter if you like Foo Fighters or not, if you haven’t seen this video, it’s a lot of fun to watch. I don’t listen to much FF, I like them, just never got into them, but I absolutely adore Dave Grohl. I’ve spent more time watching FF documentaries (Sound City) and interviews with Dave than actually listening to their music.

Here’s a curiosity, and a divisive one at that: Tubular Bells, performed live in 1973.

One I enjoy if (and only if) I’m in the mood.

j

We watch this every couple of months …