Post your favorite sports trivia question

If it’s not your favorite I won’t be checking just pretend. One question per post please.

Who is the only player in Major League Baseball who served in combat in both WWII and Korea?

Jerry Coleman. The answer most people will think of is Ted Williams but he was never in combat in WWII. The closest he got was Hawaii getting ready to ship out to the Pacific Theater. Jerry Coleman was also a Marine aviator.

Who played for the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Pittsburgh Penguins during the same year?

Vince Lascheid. (He played the organ for both team’s home games)

Who is the most recent pitcher to lose a game via a “Walk-off Balk”?

Are we supposed to post both the question and answer, or just the question?

Which NFL wide receiver caught only 1 pass in his entire career, but that pass was for a touchdown in the Super Bowl?

Percy Howard. He caught a touchdown pass from Roger Staubach to cut the Steelers’ lead to 21-17 in Super Bowl X. Later on, in the final seconds of the game, Staubach threw the ball to him in the end zone, twice, but he failed both times to make the catch what would have been a game-winning touchdown. Howard never caught another NFL pass for the remainder of his short career.

Who is the best picter who never won the Cy Young Award?

It’s anarchy. There are no rules. I would prefer it if the spoiler answer was there but it’s up to you.

Walter Johnson, followed up by Satchel Paige and Nolan Ryan. I’d guess Cy Young himself to be about 10th on the list, maybe lower.

I know it was a White Sox player against the Royals.

My question:

Who was the best Hall of Fame outfielder born in Donora, PA on November 21?

I’d rank Stan Musial slightly better than Ken Griffey, Jr.

Who scored the only winning run in MLB history against a pitcher throwing a complete-game no-hitter in nine innings?

Pete Rose.

Which three MLB players who scored 500 or more home runs began and ended their careers in the same city on different teams and in different leagues?

Which US city has two professional teams which both originated in different cities where they were named the Browns?

Baltimore. The Orioles were once the St. Louis Browns, and the Ravens were once the Cleveland Browns.

Technically speaking, the Ravens were never the Browns. The Cleveland Browns franchise was put on hiatus, and the Baltimore Ravens began their history in 1996. The Browns resumed their franchise in 1999.

I’m not sure I follow this question.

Most of the organization – owners, staff, coaches and players – ended the 1995 season in Cleveland as the Browns and started the 1996 season in Baltimore as the Ravens. In all but the most hairsplitting sense, the Ravens used to be the Browns.

And it’s still a fun trivia question. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s another that stumps many Bears fans. Who holds the record for most games played in a Bears uniform?

Nope, not Walter Payton or George Halas. It’s long-snapper Patrick Mannelly, who played in 245 games between 1998 and 2013.)

I’d say “Ruth, Aaron, and Mays” except the Mets are in the same league as the Giants.

Three MLB players.
Each of them scored 500 or more home runs in their careers.
The first MLB team, and the last MLB team they played for were different teams located in the same city.
The teams were in different leagues.

Close. First thing that occurred to me when I first heard this too.

I don’t why Jimmy Foxx didn’t get the recognition that came to others in his time. Triple Crown winner, 100+ RBIs in 13 consecutive seasons, 30+ home runs in 12 consecutive seasons, and a career .325 average and 524 home runs.

Who was the first Ram to throw a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl?

Who is the only player to die as the result of injuries sustained during a MLB game?

Ray Chapman, Cleveland Naps, 1920. He got hit in the head with a pitch. Helmets weren’t required for another 30 years but the spitball was outlawed immediately.

Who holds the NHL record for the most goals scored by a set of brothers?

The Gretzkys. Wayne scored 2,857 and Brent scored 4

Love this one!

Possibly better phrased as something like: “Which pitcher with 3 no hitters, one of them a perfect game, never won a Cy Young award?”

Trouble is when you start listing his records the answer may become obvious.