Post your favorite Weight Watchers Recipe.

I have been given the OK by my doc to rejoin WW. Yay! I’m a WW cultist who never tires of hearing success stories large or small and who can never have enough recipes.

My story-- I’ve gone from morbidly obese to just plain real fat in 2 years-- 2 years that includes 8 months off for health reasons. I love the control I have with WW. Even when I was off it, the lessons I learned helped me to not balloon up to morbid again.

My favorite recipe (it’s my favorite 'cause it’s yummy and involves very little cooking).
Oriental Shrimp Salad
1/2 lb shrimp
1 bag of baby greens
3 or 4 Portabello mushroom caps, sliced
1 can Mandarin orange slices
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
3 teaspoons sesame oil.

Whisk together tblspn honey, soy and 2 teaspoon oil. Toss shrimp in it. Put shrimp in broiler pan and broil for about 3 min. While shrimp is broiling toss mushroom slices in the same stuff you just tossed the shrimp in. After 3 min take out shrimp, turn them over and add mushrooms to pan. Broil until shrimp are done (about another 3 minutes or so)

Meanwhile. . …
Drain juice from can of orange slices into a salad bowl. Add 1 teaspoon honey, soy sauce and oil. Mix, then put in the greens and toss well (salt and pepper to taste). Add the ports and shrimp and eat.

If it’s so yummy you end up eating the whole salad bowl, never fear. There’s only 8 points in there.
Now you go!

Biggirl, you are speakin’ my language! I have every damn cookbook WW has published in about the last 5-6 years. Every time they publish a new one, I’m on top of it.

My story is that I am a WW leader, and have been for almost 6 years. So I get an employee discount! Cheap cookbooks - yay!

I will be subscribing to this thread so I can find it later. I’m at work right now and have no recipes on me. But I just found a few on the website today (and also on Dotti’s site) that I’ll be trying soon. I will be sure to post some tomorrow.

A) I’m on WW and love it for the same reasons Biggirl does: The control. I like the fact that if I’m really dying for pizza, I can have a couple o’ slices and “make up” for it in other ways.

B)I hate the actual meetings: The only group that’s in my neighborhood that I can fit into my work schedule is (apparently atypically) atrocious. I don’t want to hear about whiney people who need to acutalize their wellness and learn to raise their self-esteem by letting their oneness interceed with their inner-child. :rolleyes: So I made myself a deal: as long as I keep losing, I don’t have to go to th’ damn meetings. (I still go to the weigh-ins, they keep me honest).

C) I just hit 20 pounds today (actually 21.something!!!) The old “I won’t punish you if you keep working hard” method really works! :smiley:

D) As far as I can tell, the following recipe is 0 points (because of the fiber in the onions. It’s certainly no more than 2 points in any case and it’s GOOD!

0(?) Point Onion Rings
2 T breadcrumbs
1 T flour
1/2 tsp salt (coarse or kosher is better)

1 T more flour

2 egg whites
1 dash hot sauce (“Frank’s” is good, Tabasco will do)

1-2 yellow (or vidialia!) onions, cut into 1/4" thick rings. Note that the flatter/squashed looking (rather than spherical) the onion is, the better they’ll taste. I don’t know why.

Set your oven rack as low as it’ll go. Preheat oven to 425[sup]o[/sup]. Spritz a large cookie sheet with Pam.

Take the first three ingredients and mix.

Take the last two ingredients and beat until frothy (but don’t let 'em become meringue: I tried it, hoping to get a tempura-batter texture? Didn’t work. It was just…odd. And not necessarily in a good way.

Take some of the onion rings and put 'em in a bag with the remaining flour. Shake. Then shake off ALL excess flour. Dunk the rings in the egg, dunk 'em in the breadcrumbs/flour mixture. Put 'em on the baking sheet. Repeat.

When you’re done, spritz the tops of the rings with Pam (or other vegetable oil spray)

Chuck 'em in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn 'em over and spritz the now-top sides with Pam. Bake for 10-15 more minutes.

Eat and enjoy!

Fenris

PS: Scout, you gotta share your tomato soup recipe. Yum!

None to contribute, but I hope you don’t mind if I post to subscribe to the thread.

How do you subscribe? Is that the e-mail notification option?

**Quick Succotash **

1/2 cup water
10 ounce package thawed lima beans
10 ounce package thawed corn
3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried summer savory
2 cups diced seeded peeled tomatoes

Bring water to boil, and add beans. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Then add in the corn, bell pepper and salt, and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add in tomatoes.

Serves 5

143 cal, 0.5g fat, 4g fiber 2 Points

**Basil Mashed Potatoes **

2 1/2 cups peeled cubed baking potatoes
3 Tbsp skim milk
2 Tbsp FF plain yogurt
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh basil

Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain the water, and return potatoes to the pan. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add milk, yogurt, salt and pepper and beat well. Add in the basil.

Serves 6

68 cal, 0.1g fat, 1.3g fiber 1 Point

Crisp Apple & Cranberry Salad

3 red delicious apples (or firm pears) unpeeled, cored, and cut into chunks
8 ounce carton lemon LF yogurt
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (I omitted these)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well until fruit is coated.

Serves 6

159 cal, 2.6g fat, 6.5g fiber 2 Points

**Zucchini Salsa Frittata **

1 1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup salsa
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
Cooking spray
1 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup thawed corn
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp shredded pepper jack cheese

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well, then set aside. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Sautee zucchini, bell pepper and green onions for about 5 minutes. Add corn. Pour egg mixture over veggies, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until egg mixture is set. Sprinkle cheese on top, and broil in the skillet (wrap handle in foil) for 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately. (I also used extra salsa as a garnish on top)

Serves 4

121 cal, 3.6g fat, 1.9g fiber 2 Points

**Kielbasa, Onion & Potato Scallop **

1 package turkey kielbasa, scored
2 cups boiling water
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2/3 cup skim milk
6 medium green onions, diced
1 package (5.25 ounce) scalloped potatoes (any flavor)

Preheat oven to 400. Mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, butter and milk in a baking dish. Stir in the onions. Put kielbasa on top of all of this. Bake for 30-35 minutes until potatoes are tender. Let stand 2-3 minutes before serving (allows the potato sauce to thicken a bit).

Serves 4

4 Points (no nutrition info available)

**Vegetable Curry Stew **

4 carrots chopped
15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 lb green beans cut into 1 inch lengths
2 small potatoes, peeled & chopped
2 Tbsp pearl barley
2 tsp curry powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 c vegetable or chicken broth
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes

Mix everything but the diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high setting for about four or five hours. Stir in the tomatoes after turning off the cooker. Cover and let stand for a few minutes.

8 servings

124 cal, 1g fat, 6g fiber = 1 Point

**Caribbean-Style Roast Turkey Breast **

2 Tbsp jerk seasoning
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 3/4 lb skinless, boneless turkey breast

Combine everything in a ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for about 3 hours (turn bag occasionally). Heat oven to 450. Place turkey on wire rack in center of roasting pan and cook until temperature inside meat is 160 (40-45 min). Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

6 servings

150 cal, 2g fat, 0g fiber = 3 Points

(I play around with this marinade a bit, and sometimes add some minced garlic and lemon or lime juice)

**Quick Posole **

1 onion chopped
30 ounce can hominy rinsed & drained
28 ounce can chopped tomatoes drained
1 pound chicken breast pieces
1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup tomatillo sauce/salsa verde
1/2 tsp pepper

Cook onions for 3 minutes in a large pot coated with cooking spray. Add hominy, tomatoes, chicken, water and tomatillo sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for about 15 minutes (stir frequently). Add pepper and simmer for about 5 more minutes, and mixture should slightly thicken.

6 servings

190 cal, 3g fat, 4g fiber = 3 Points

**Mexicali Slaw **

In a big bowl combine one package coleslaw mix (16 ounces), 2 cups of sliced jicama, 4 ounce can of diced chiles (drained), 1/2 cup of fat-free ranch and 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro.

8 servings

No info available except that it’s 0 Points

Greek Cottage Fries

1 1/2 pound unpeeled baking potatoes cut into strips or wedges
2-3 tsp olive oil (I’ve omitted oil and used olive oil flavored cooking spray)
1 tsp crushed fresh garlic
3/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp salt

Place potato pieces in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mix in seasonings so that everything is nicely coated. Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, turn the potatoes and bake 10 more minutes.

4 servings

167 cal, 2.4g fat, 3.1g fiber = 3 Points

This is a great one to improvise with. I’ve used garlic powder, curry powder, paprika, cumin, whatever herbs and spices I feel like tasting. You could use Spike, jerk seasoning, whatever floats your boat.

**Tomato Dill Soup **

2 14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dill for garnish

Place all ingredients except garnish in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (stir every once in a while). Transfer portions of the soup into a blender and process until smooth. Return soup to the heat for a few minutes to reheat it. Serve with the garnish on top if desired.

5 servings

54 cal, 0.4g fat, 3.5g fiber = 0 Points

This one sounds weird, but it tastes like barbecue sauce.

Simmer 4 chicken breasts with 1 can Diet Coke and 1 cup ketchup until thoroughly cooked.

The ketchup is 1 point per serving, and the chicken is 1 point per cooked ounce. Diet Coke is free.

Mithril (17.6 pounds to date)

Here’s another. Three points per serving. You can also make the servings individually by using 1 ounce of cake, 1/3 cup of pudding mixture, and 1/2 cup of fruit. This is best if you’re on your own, so the cake doesn’t get soggy.

Non-Fat Trifle

Angel Food Cake

1 package Angel Food Cake mix
1/3 cup cocoa powder

Prepare mix according to package directions, adding the cocoa powder before mixing. Freeze 1/2 of the baked cake.

Pudding

1 package fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
1 ½ C skim milk
1 standard container Cool Whip Free

Make pudding according to directions, using the reduced amount of milk stated above. Let stand for at least five minutes, then whip together with Cool Whip Free

Fruit

1 qt. strawberries
4 kiwi
1 pt. blueberries

Wash and cut fruit into bite size pieces. You may substitute any fruit you like for those listed, but the above will give you guidelines for the amount to put in. (about 6 cups total)

Assembly

Cut or tear about 1/2 of the cake into chunks and place in horizontal layer in clear bowl. Pour over half the pudding mixture, then add layer of fruit. Repeat for one more set of layers. You will have some cake left over. The top layer should be fruit.

Makes about 12 servings

Whee, fellow Weight Watchers! :smiley: It’s all about the control… and the fact that if I get a chocolate craving, I can assuage it and just be good for the rest of the day. 82 lbs. lost to date!
Maple-Glazed Chicken with Apples

Serves 4
5 Points per serving

1 cup apple cider or juice
1 firm apple (Gala, Fuji, Golden Delicious), cored and cut into 8 wedges
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
4 (4-ounce) thin sliced skinless chicken breasts (1/4 in. thick)

Line broiler rack with foil; preheat broiler. In a medium saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until apple is tender and sauce is reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.

Place chicken on broiler rack and brush on both sides with half of the maple sauce; broil 4 inches from the heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and brush the top with the remaining maple sauce; broil until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Serve with apple wedges. Yummy!

Oh, yeah. I’ve tried that one. It was pretty good! And fast. That’s key.

You’ve convinced me, I need to go back (well, you and the fact that my pants aren’t fitting well today, and I never got anywhere near where I wanted to be).
But does anyone have any single serving recipes? (Though one meal of these recipes sounds great, six meals (that’s 3 days lunch/dinner in a row) of anything is less great - and most of the WW cookbooks seem to be designed for multiple portions)

Yes :slight_smile: