Posters never mentioned in "Posters who..." threads

Count me in here, too.

Nope, that’s not it. I post 'most every day and still don’t make the lists.

LOL … Zette, commiseration is another matter entirely.

Yeah, I could still use the Dragon, if my damn computer would support it right. The hardware is currently the biggest obstacle to making the stupid program functional.

Eutychus … maybe we’re just too “normal” (you get the same giggle out of that that I did?) to be remembered on the Who’s Who popular kids list. :slight_smile:

Hey, this is the best thread on the board! I feel much better after reading it - so I’m not the only person who feels kinda uncool!

Losers, rebel! Post to every thread, even if you can’t think of anything to say!

I don’t think I’ve been mentioned, but I don’t read every thread…

Of course, people don’t dare bash me too hard…I hold the strings on the TM Homepage profiles! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*"...and I have warts on my penis. My homepage is..."*

I posted on the AOL board for about 3 years, and I STARTED the bloody newsgroup (which my current isp doens’t freakin CARRY) but I still get no mention, or close to it.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://opalcat.com
The Teeming Millions Homepage: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions

ChiefScott - You like me sniff … You really like me. cry wail. I would like to thank all the little people who helped me attain these most pretigious awards.

P.s. - grumble cursed double posts.

I guess I should join the party of the unloved and unwashed. Time to go cry in my beer.

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- Ambrose Bierce

I feel better. I haven’t been here for long, but I do post frequently. I also felt that I was a thread killer. I’d type a response and check back for any more responses and mine would be the last, I’d check back later, still the last post, check back later…well you get the idea.

Be nice and don’t leave me hangin’ again! Actually, since we’re all commiserating(sp)together I know you fellow unpopular posters won’t let me down…please… :wink:

Mandatory post to make StStella happy.

It’s bernard, just under new management

I put a note in one posting for someone to e-mail me when they read it (I was going to send the first respondant a bottle of wine). No one ever did, and the thread died after my posting. Granted, it was in pig latin, but you would thing SOMEONE would have read it… Oh well.
Welcome StStella :slight_smile:

Fretful -

Hey, I’ll still hang out with y’all! Consider me the ambassador or something. :wink:

In all seriousness, I was friends with both the “losers” and the popular kids in college, and had a HELL of a lot more fun with the losers. So I’m staying!

“You have to laugh at yourself, because you’d cry your eyes out if you didn’t.”
-Emily Saliers

So, if I understand you correctly, okatym, it’s still not too late for that bottle of wine…

Gangway, Dopers!

P.S.: Uh. What year and vignoble, please?

A paradox…
Many posters listed here are never mentioned in “Posters who…” threads. Yet now they are mentioned here. So they are now mentioned in a “Posters who…” thread. So they no longer belong here.
Posters should be mentioned here if and only if they aren’t mentioned here.

Precisely, Gilligan. Actually, this thread was partially meant to get some of us out of that club. And it has. :slight_smile:

I honestly think that because I am not a ranting, raving zealot, I don’t get mentioned. When some troll comes in and tries to incite, I prefer not to take the bait. I know ahead of time it’s a waste of breath (er, whatever), and that these people are simply not worth my effort. Their minds won’t be changed, so debate is pointless.

I also refuse to be manipulated, as much as I can. I can think of at least three occasions where someone on the board was trying to get my goat, and my reaction was simply silence. That may make me boring to some, but I prefer to think I’m maintaining dignity. I do know the more reactive people are better known.

I really wonder why some people bother responding to some of the more infamous troll-like folks around here (who don’t need to be named–we all know who they are). What’s the point? It’s either because people genuinely think that if they yell loud enough, the troll will be converted, or because they simply enjoy lambasting someone in a public forum.

In any event, Laura don’t play that.

“Me fail English? That’s unpossible!”

“English? Who needs that? I’m never going to England.”

Mike King: {{I think it’s because we don’t have cool screen names for people to remember. I’m thinking of switching to something like Jesus Christ, or Bug Vomit, or Twelve Inch Penis. Then when I wrote a post stating my opinions on Nietzschian theology or Taiwanese politics, people would say “Y’know, old Bug Vomit’s got a point.”}}

Who’s this Mike King guy to use his own name, kinda arrogant, don’t you think? :slight_smile:

Y’know, ol’ Mike King’s got a point.

Dammit, now I’ve lost the copyright.

Well, this doesn’t count for you 15 minutes of fame. I’ll be at Denny’s in Cincinnati tonight at 7:59-8:05.

I post to this thread and STILL no one mentions my name sob

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://opalcat.com
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

OpalCat
OpalCat
Rah! Rah! Rah!

OpalCat
OpalCat
Rah! Rah! Rah!

OpalCat
OpalCat
Rah! Rah! Rah!

YAAAAAAYYYYY OPALCAT!!!
Ka-Boom!
Better?

Hey OpalCat!!!

I think you are the coolest! Your web pages rocks, and the page you set up for the TM is one of the best pages of all time!!!
(by the way…thanks for putting me into the list of TM regulars lol)

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.