Potential SCOTUS Nominee Sri Srinivasan's family comes from the coolest village

The location listed on the byline of the NYTimes article I just read about the potential nominee’s links to his family’s original town?

Oh yeah! :wink:

He’d also be the first Hindu justice. I’d imagine the first Hindu to hold ANY significant post in the federal government unless I’m mistaken.

Very fitting name/subject match for that OP.

Of course it’s cool - it’s got a katana right in the middle!

I don’t know, Nava - does that count as a “word”? :wink: :wink:

And given the recent AP alert, we are going to find out today at 11am ET if he’s the guy.

The best part of that is the correction that the NYT wrote:

Correction: March 15, 2016

An earlier version of this article misspelled in one instance the name of a village in India where the family of Sri Srinivasan once lived. The village is Mela Thiruvenkatanathapuram, not Mela Thiruvenkanathapuram.

Oddly enough, only the misspelled name is underlined in my browser’s spellchecker. Who programs these things?

Mela Thiruvenkatanathapuram is the thing to say
On a bright Indian Christmas day…

Given there’s a space, I’d say it counts as two.

Yeah, it’s like that old mnemonic: don’t forget the katana in Thiruvenkatanathapuram

…and: it’s not him. Over in Elections I started a thread about who is being leaked to the press prior to the 11am announcement: Merrick Garland.

astorian, I hadn’t caught that correction. Hilarious.

This place is a must for the “A - Z World Cities” game in “Thread Games”…

From Americans United For Separation of Church and State, January 2013:

So Help Me, Gods? Presidents And Other Public Officials Can Take Their Oaths On A Bible, The Bhagavad Gita, Or Even A Lawbook