Predict how you will be remembered in 2205

The movie Troy finally made it to free TV and that was how I had planned (if at all) to see it. I am so tired of costume dramas that are 90+% CGI and 5% or less story line. Not that I have that much against Brad Pitt, but the other “stars” in the movie just haven’t done much for me in anything else I’ve seen them in. But I digress.

A big portion of why the movie’s heroes (Achilles, Hector, Odysseus, etc.) felt the need to be involved in the big war was that they would have their names remembered long after their deaths. At least that’s how the “writers” had them being motivated.

What I would like to do here is to have you put yourself in the miraculous position of seeing how your name will be remembered by whomever 200 years down the road. That ought to let you consider how your great-great-grandchildren, at the very least, will speak of you and your era.

In effect, I’m calling bullshit to this entire line of “reasoning” by script writers, but, just on the outside chance that I’m being too cynical, what do you see in your future – long after your own demise?

I’m not 100% sure about the Greeks, but the Romans definitely cared about being remembered after death. Personally, I don’t care one way or the other, but it’s not as bullshit a motivation as you might think.

:dubious: Who? :dubious: