Predict it here! The last living Beatle

I had no idea.

Ringo’s even talked about how his being left-handed has influenced his drumming technique.

I voted Ringo. No reason other than wishful thinking. I want at least one Beatle to say truthfully, “I buried Paul.”

Incidentally, Ringo celebrates another go-around on this marble tomorrow. He’ll be 81. :open_mouth:

It will be Paul. I have a theory that, if they avoid cancer, OD’ing on drugs and pickling their livers, frontmen and guitarists/bassists generally live longer than drummers and keyboardists. I think it has to do with standing and moving around more for a couple hours every concert/practice.

That’s my theory. . .but last I saw Ringo, he looked good, and Paul was looking a little. . .wizened, shall we say? I might be wrong in this particular case. I’m kinda rooting for Ringo :smiley:

Ringo was the first. He’ll be the last.

Pete Best is still rolling along.

My vote is on Ringo, too. He clearly takes very good care of himself, and looks far younger than his age.

When Paul was married to Heather Mills, fifteen or twenty years ago, he suddenly looked old, to my eyes; it’s now clear that it was an acrimonious marriage, and I suspect that it took its toll on him. I think Paul looks better now than he did then, but even so, I think Ringo will be the last Beatle standing.

One factor I hadn’t considered before was genetics. Ringo’s parents died at the ages of 68 and 73. Paul’s father lived to 73 but his mother died of natural causes at 47. Ringo is an only child but Paul has two siblings, Peter and Ruth, who are still alive at 77 and 61. So I’d give Ringo a slight edge here but I’m not sure it’s enough to cancel out his two year disadvantage in age.