Pregnancy Food Cravings: A Poll

Damn! Now wouldn’t it have been nice if it was a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant? He’d be rich!

I love it when my wife is pregnant – steak time! She gets ravenous cravings for red meat, which is just fine by me.

This time around she’s also loving the smell of cola. She still can’t stand the taste of it, but she’s constantly sniffing my breath because I drink so much Pepsi One.

Definitely Slurpees from 7-Eleven. I wanted one every day. I’m so surprised I’m not the only one.

I haven’t had any serious food cravings – in my first trimester, I wanted egg salad sammiches more frequently than usual, and it was the same with chocolate milk. But no “I MUST have this NOW!” cravings.

The past few days, I’ve been wanting Snickers. But, again, it’s not a serious craving, just a constant, low-level, “Mmm, a Snickers bar would be good…”

I have 5 or so weeks left, though, so there’s still time! :slight_smile:

#1 (Daughter): Melon, melon, melon. Until one day, when suddenly melon was out. Also spicy food, particularly guacamole. She loves melon and guacamole.

#2 (Son). Pizza. I would have eaten pizza morning, noon, and night if I hadn’t been a wee bit concerned about my overall health and waistline. Guess what his favorite food is?

Pepper Mill realized she was pregnant when the thought of chocolate made her ill. It’s the only time in her life that she hated chocolate – sort of an ANTI-craving. But it didn’t last long.
After that she was the same as Fluttterby. Hot food, and the hotter, the better.

I’ve never been pregnant, but my SIL wanted mac’n’cheese. The cheap, powdered-cheese kind.

Is there any other kind?

I always wanted Cheetos with mayo on them. Oh, and Subway’s veggie delight sandwiches with tons of jalapenos, banana peppers and lots and lots of mayo and olives.

I hope the kid isn’t born with an overwhelming need for gravy and fries. I should eat more curry and falafel and bulgogi. Try and widen the taste preferences.

As soon as I got pregnant, I suddenly hated broccoli. I like broccoli. I can still eat cauliflower. This pregnancy thing is weird.
I want slushies, too. And chips. And anything with melted cheese except pizza.

That reminds me. I always get lots of pickles on my subway subs (2-3 times what they usually put on). I often get asked if I’m pregnant when people see that.

BBQ sauce
Donettes (the little Hostess ones, preferably chocolate)
Beer (a really bad craving, which I sort of fend off by drinking non-alcoholic versions)
Fruit
Hardee’s chocolate shakes (yum!)

#1 Hot fudge sundaes made with soft serve ice cream.
#2 Artichokes with melted butter

Aversions both times were greasey meats and alcohol.

I don’t recall any really specific cravings. I also wanted red meat more often and I had a bit more of a sweet tooth than I usually do. I liked pizza, too, but it would give me horrible heartburn, which it usually doesn’t. I do remember having a brief aversion to shrimp, though.

Craved chili-cheese fries, but then that’s always been a favorite junk food anyway. I just went ahead and indulged the ever-present need for them.

Hated the taste, sight, smell and even thought of chicken noodle soup. The ultimate comfort food, go figure. Thankfully the aversion went away post-partum.

My boy is now 14 and hates chili cheese fries and loves chicken noodle soup, he’s always been contrary.

Kid number one: Good n Plenty
Kid number two: Nachos Bel Grande from Taco Bell (I used to fantasize that I would deliver her in the Taco Bell bathroom, thereby causing tons of good publicity for Taco Bell, and would be rewarded with free Taco Bell food for the rest of my life :wink: )
Kid number three: Egg foo yung.

Velveeta is good.

Oh, yeah, scent cravings. Mine was Pine-Sol. I sniffed it regularly.

I read some of these posts to the SO. I must say, these stories are giving him a good scare. Good job, Dopers! :smiley:

I think he knows that when I get pregnant, I’m going to want Vietnamese sandwiches nonstop so he’ll be purchasing them by the dozens. Thank god the sandwiches only go for around $3 each. Is it wrong to plan these things in advance? :wink:

Note to self: buy Vietnamese sandwich futures soon.