Pretend you are voting Republican (anonymously)

I voted Ted Cruz, he was a professional lawyer. I think a candidate without law experience needs a good reason to deserve votes- I’d say years of experience in Congress is a substitute, and look! Cruz is a congressperson.

I don’t like Ted Cruz and I like what he stands for even less. But a president at least has to pull the levers and push the buttons of the government with a minimum of wisdom. I think a non-lawyer or non-congressperson will screw that up hopelessly (Eisenhower isn’t running). Ted Cruz would probably only screw things up royally.

Jeb arguably could run a government, but there is something missing there, we can’t have Jeb as president IMHO.

It does appear that we will get to 100 Voters without spoiling the image of one Mr. Huckabee! PTL!

Checkpoint: 100 Voters

View Poll Results: Which of these people would get your vote in the Primaries  
This poll will close on 02-12-2016 at 11:29 AM 

John Kasich     31 31.00% 
Donald Trump    28 28.00% 

Rand Paul       11 11.00% 
Jeb Bush         9 9.00% 

Chris Christie   5 5.00% 
Ted Cruz         5 5.00% 
Marco Rubio      4 4.00% 
Carly Fiorina    3 3.00% 
Rick Santorum    2 2.00% 
Ben Carson       1 1.00% 
Jim Gilmore      1 1.00% 

Mike Huckabee    0 0% 

Voters: 100 

But during GOP primary week…

I voted for the least conservative amend least interested in actually fucking up the county. Trump

I think all of these people would be terrible for America so I voted for Rand Paul. At least he doesn’t want to bomb the rest of the world.

John Kasich	       35	31.82%
Donald Trump	       31	28.18%
Rand Paul	       13	11.82%
Jeb Bush	        9	8.18%
Marco Rubio		5	4.55%
Chris Christie		5	4.55%
Ted Cruz	        5	4.55%
Carly Fiorina		3	2.73%
Rick Santorum		2	1.82%
Jim Gilmore		1	0.91%
Ben Carson		1	0.91%
Mike Huckabee		0	0%

110 voters

I am conflicted.

I can’t select Trump because I don’t want to hear the inevitable whining that he wasn’t a real conservative when he loses.

I can’t select Cruz because even though he ticks off most of the conservative boxes, more than anything everyone absolutely despises him and I don’t want to give conservatives any excuse for a loss.

… Carson because he’s a dummy.
… Christie because if he’s not a goombah I’ll eat my hat.
… Fiorina because she is incompetent and too stupid to realize it.
… Bush because he is in way over his head.
… Gilmore because he is just another gun nut.
… Huckabee because he is nothing but a Jesified grifter.
… Rubio because he is a Koch-puppet.
… Santorum because he wants the US to be a theocracy (well, Huckabee does too, but only if he can profit from it).
… Paul because the apple doesn’t fall far from the racist tree.
… Kasich because he is not conservative enough for today’s GOP.

I want a true conservative that the party and base supports to win the nomination, and then lose gloriously against Hillary. Having another moderate or Etch-A-Sketcher lose to Hillary simply allows for the perpetuation of the “if a true conservative had run…” nonsense.

Where’s the Run away!! Run away!! option? :smiley:

Bloomberg.

There is nobody in either party I would vote for in this election.

But if I HAD TO, I’d vote for Rand Paul. As a quasi-libertarian, he may do less damage than the others.

I consider Ted Cruz to be the most dangerous, and actually anti-American.

The GOP reached new lows with this slate of candidates and none of them are very palatable, but I voted for Sen. Marco Rubio. From my limited knowledge he seemed to be the one who might be able to get us to 2018 before the wheels come off.

I picked Christie, although I admit there is some ignorance behind that pick. He’s quite an ass, but I don’t think he’d actually try that hard to dismantle the welfare state or destroy public schools. Would he?

(I mean, Marco Rubio probably wouldn’t either, but “the President is a cubano anti-Communist with ties to drug runners” is some weird 1980’s Zeerust trip.)

I mean, it’s out of a 1980’s black comedy. If he gets nominated, let alone elected, I would guess I stumbled into a Tama Janowitz book.

Carly, so I can watch Hillary kick her sanctimonious, lying ass.

Yes, I do remember Carly running HP. This is also why.

As a liberal Democrat, you might be expected to select the one who is most likely to prevent a Republican victory. Why is that not your highest priority for this poll?

Anyone who gets the nomination could actually win, if things break right late in the year. People who care more about their country than their party ought to advocate for the best possible candidates on both sides.