Prison Gay Sex

If you engage in homosexual sex while in prison, does that make you gay?

Or, are you excused of this action because of the confinement and will refer back to hetersexual sex once released?

I don’t think that you need to be excused at all – it’s well documented that many self-described straight people have a homosexual experience at some point in their lives. Besides which, sex of one kind or another doesn’t ‘make you gay’. If you are attracted to people of the same sex without being attracted to people of the opposite sex, you are gay. I don’t see how having homosexual sex in prison because there are no people of the opposite sex available comes anywhere near to fulfilling this requirement.

Does being raped make a woman a slut, whore or nympho?

“I had hot butt sex with another man, father.”

"Oh dear. "

“But I was in prison at the time. May I be excused?”

“Yes you may.”

Excused from what, exactly? Sheesh.

Only as much as listening to Rush Limbaugh will make you stupid.

Why are you asking? Is there something you want to tell us?

:rolleyes:

A little background on the OP: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=109871

I had Chinese food last night.

Does that make me Chinese?

I’m speaking of the raper not the rapee. Obviously someone being raped (man or women) doesn’t turn into anything once they’re raped, but a victim.
No, I’m speaking of a heterosexual man after years without heterosexual sex; does he all of a sudden become sexually attracted to men?

And if that’s true, then homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle and not an issue of genetics.

If your question is about the rapist’s sexual orientation then I suggest that you’re not really aware of the dynamics of rape. It’s generally considered to be an assaultive crime, and about power vs. sexual release. Gender of the victim is not necessarily relevant to the raper.

Sexual release can be obtained all by oneself generally speaking.

I’d also suggest that you do some reseach about human sexuality in general, so that you don’t fall victim to a false dichotomy (as in some one’s ‘either homosexual or heterosexual’)

So, you’re suggesting that one is NOT neccessarily either homosexual OR heterosexual, that one can be both at the same time?

Didn’t Andrew Dice Clay have something to say about this?:smiley:

Woah, back that train up, tspallone.

I am sure that individuals make the choice to engage in homosexual acts. We are all responsible for our acts. There are also, I am sure, people who become attracted to members of the same sex later in life.

These things do not prove:

a.) That this is homosexuality: Homosexuality, by definition, is attraction to members of the same sex but not members of the opposite sex. If you are attracted to both, then you are not homosexual but rather bisexual.

b.) That such attraction implies bisexuality or homosexuality: It stands to reason that being isolated from the group of people that you would normally be attracted to will have some effect on you. We simply don’t have enough information on how sexual attraction and romantic attraction works to know.

c.) That this homosexuality is ‘chosen’: You seem to differentiate between only two things – choice and genetics. This is not so. Both ‘nature’ (genetics and environmental effects before birth) and ‘nurture’ (cultural norms, morality, upbringing) effect behavior in ways that the individual does not choose. Many gay people purport that homosexuality is by nature, but this does not mean exclusively genetics. Besides which, becoming attracted to other people because you are in a same-sex society (particularly being in such a society by force) does not constitute a choice.

d.) That one instance proves a phenomenon: One person, or a very small minority of people, having homosexual feelings during one time in their life because of a specific set of stimuli says very little about the broader gay – or for that matter, straight – population. That such a specific subet could somehow prove that being gay is a choice is very poor reasoning indeed.

Survivor, actually. At least according to my friends to whom this has happened.

So? Tell me, when did you choose to be heterosexual (assuming you are)?

I will allow better informed posters than myself to deal with the rest of your posts, with the exception of this:

This is absolutely correct. Or some varying degree thereof. The correct term is “bisexual.” Human sexual experience is far too complex to be covered under the two extremes, or even three “extremes” (as bisexuality can be looked at as a third point on a triangle, rather than a line), that your arguement would suggest are the only options.

Just so you know.

Kindly strike the quotation marks from around the second use of “extremes” in the post above.
[sub]what was I thinking?[/sub]

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by SisterCoyote *

Survivor, actually. At least according to my friends to whom this has happened.

If “Survivor” is correct, then it would presume that the attack was to have a fatal ending had they not survived. I don’t think that all rapes are planned to end in death. That would undermine the “power” and “control” one is supposed to have over their victim.

Ok, from what I’m reading, I’ve learned this; homosexuality is exclusive sexual orientation, Man/Man, Woman/Woman. Bisexuality is a commingling of the two.

Let me then rephrase my original question:

Does a heterosexual person engaging in same gender sex fall under the category of BI-SEXUAL, if not homosexual?

Would THEY consider themselves that or what?

I don’t know, why don’t you ask one of them?

See, frankly, unless some one specifically tells you what their sexual identity is (ie if they find one gender more attractive than the other, or either or a different species etc.) it’s impossible to know.

A person who hasn’t had any sexual relations to date - what classification would they be in? Ya have to ask.

A person who’s had exclusively heterosexual relations in their life - again, frankly, you have to ask.

ditto for the rest of the possabilities.

What about this-a gay man who hides the fact that he’s gay and gets married. He’s not attracted to women, but does father children with his wife.

Does that mean he’s straight?

There’s also the issue that probably some 99%* of sex that goes on in prison is either rape or for protection from rape (which, IMNSHO, is tanatmount to the same thing).

This is dramatically different from a relationship between two (or more) consenting adults.

*[sub]number pulled out of my ass. Presumably someone more knowledgable will be able to come up with a correct number and source for same[/sub]

I guess what the real question is whether or not you’re considered gay if you engage in a sexual act with a person of the same sex. When I was growing up, guys I knew would have sex with another guy that was assummed to be gay. Today none of these guys would consider themselves gay. I think much of the sex that goes on in prison is about power and establishing social hierarchy.

“What about this-a gay man who hides the fact that he’s gay and gets married. He’s not attracted to women, but does father children with his wife.”

VERY GOOD GUINASTASIA, VERY, VERY GOOD!!! That’s what I’m looking for - counterpoint! I almost lost hope.

Your example puts a twist on things doesn’t it I guess it comes down to intentions. What’s the intention of the person having sex with the gender that is different from what even THEY would perseive as normal? A gay man is afraid to come out and/or he wants a child, his intention is to have a baby or to put-off coming out until he’s more comfortable.

The heterosexual prison mate has sex with a fellow prison mate of the same sex, I guess, could be used as a show of force or intimidation.

I buy that.

Still, in MY weird life, as a heterosexual male, if I’m in prison and I’m forced to have to put on a show of force or intimidation, my first thought is not to use my penis for ANYTHING but peeing.

Must be me.