Project 2025 is more than a playbook for Trumpism, it’s the Christian Nationalist manifesto

“I should have spent 15 marks for a copy of Mein Kampf.” - Neville Chamberlain‘s last words.

I downloaded it for free this morning. Never heard of the document until yesterday. It was probably the first link that came up when searching “project 2025”. 920 pages. Don’t remember the site…ill try and find it again. I am surprised folks are sharing their thoughts on something they haven’t read.

https://www. Removed Link .org/playbook/

There’s no 920 page pdf on that site. They tell you to buy the book on the page you linked.

What you describe is piracy.

To learn more about Project 2025’s vision for a conservative administration, please read our recently published book, [Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise](https:// Removed Link).

Which is this link,
https://Removed Link .pdf

Try the link halfway down.

Don’t say I didn’t warn folks about this movement over 16 years ago: Christian Reconstructionism

Here’s some of the feedback that thread got:

Moderating: Please do not advertise for Political orgs, even incidentally. Avoid direct links please.

Same here.

Please provide a usable link to what you purport to be the official 2025 document and I will do so as I have the time.

Yeah. I’m not paying $35 to win an argument on an internet message board. Free link or nothing, TYVM

You people are nuts. How are we supposed to respond to the OP without access to the purported material? I offered a free link (I don’t know why I’m doing the work…hello OP???) This whole thread is speculation based of no knowlwedge of the material. Again, if you want the free download search Project 2025 using Google. The search result page will show the selection “playbook”. Click on playbook and it will take you to the page where the mods chose to break the link. That link is “Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise”.
That prompts a free download of the 920 page document.

This is getting pretty aggressive and unreasonable, calm down or please don’t post any further in this thread.

And this is getting insulting which is against our rules, so again, please don’t do this again or stop posting in this thread.

I think the problem is that a lot of people, even in the silent majority, don’t see Trump as fundamentally un-democratic. They may well believe that he is the man for the moment with respect to border stuff, Federal debt, and so forth, and not have a real understanding (stupidity? ignorance?) that his whole playbook is NOT democratic, but more of a wannabe dictator who would happily get rid of that ‘wannabe’ part if he could.

As for the Project 2025 stuff, it’s been pretty damn obvious since about 2008-ish that the GOP’s response to Obama (gasp!) was to double-down on the furthest-right elements of their party, including the religious weirdos and the avowed racists.

I think you’re projecting your hopes of what an electorate ought to behave like, onto what an electorate actually behaves like.

All I can tell you is this…

I’m visually impaired and terminally ill, BUT … I’ve been doing random key word searches of the 920pp PDF just to poke and probe.

Every single issue I see raised … every single paragraph I see describing their strategy … every single place I land a dart … reminds me of the Alternate Slate of Electors scheme.

Every paragraph I’ve read could easily have been written by John Eastman, Sidney Powell, Ken Chesebro, and their colleagues.

I’ll just reiterate: what if the document were written by Bernie Sanders and his supporters, and the one who they wanted at the helm on Day One was one of the original Squad.

Would you be okay with that? Heck. People casually mention Agenda 21 and conservatives blow innumerable gaskets (or – out of respect for your trade – 60A double pole breakers).

:shudder:

The Republican Party anointed Trump as their leader and savior, and are now stuck with him until either he becomes even more mentally incompetent, leaves politics, or dies. It’s the middle of the primary season, and his one remaining Republican adversary is still afraid to call him out for fear of antagonizing his base.

I had hoped that losing to Biden would have embarrassed Trump into hiding, but since he believes the election was rigged, he thinks he never lost.

I can’t explain why millions of people think he’s a charismatic, god-like figure, but it demonstrates the power of cults.There is nothing you can say, or that Trump can do, that will change their minds. They have truly “drank the Kool-Aid”.

Whether I am right, and Trump loses along with his other down-ballot flunkies, remains to be seen. I have full faith that most Americans, even those that don’t like Biden, when faced with the reality of a Trump second term, will vote against him. I believe there are more anti-trump voters than pro-trump voters. I predict the silent majority WILL come out on election day and hopefully this time Trumpism will be obliterated for good. Only time will tell.

What’s this “silent majority”?
Is that the “many people” Fox is always referencing?

From Wikipedia, “The silent majority is an unspecified large group of people in a country or group who do not express their opinions publicly.”

IMO, these are people who quietly live their lives and vote their conscious versus party-line adherents from either side.

Agree. I don’t get it. Seemingly rational, inteligent people have fallen for him (and of course many complete kooks). How that happended in the first place is a puzzlement. It may be deep seated bigotry and racism. I’m sure that has something to do with it, after all, democrats want freedom and justice for all. That does not sit well with them.

And now, these people don’t dare admit that they where wrong all along. It’s been so perfectly clear that he’s nothing but a liar and a cheat (among other infractions against decent society) that it’s hard to admit that they, themselves have been scammed by a moron.

Ah, yes. The noble Undecided Voter, most elusive of all creatures. I think you’re more likely to find a univorn, or Bigfoot.

I believe there are more than a few around. I live in a predominately red state, and while we have our fair share of MAGA folks, many intelligent people who are loyal Republicans or Independents, refuse to talk about Trump. I think they see him as a disgrace to the party, but they are afraid to say anything publicly in fear of been ostracized.

My sense is that at least some of them will either not vote in the upcoming election, or may even vote for Biden to stop Trump from being reelected and destroying what’s left of the Republican Party. For many it will simply be about the lesser of two evils. Will it be enough to lead to a Biden victory? Only time will tell.