Pronouns and idiot fascists

It’s certainly easy to conflate rapists and transgender people if that’s the premise one starts with.

I believe you misspelled “Karen gets kicked out after verbally assaulting female employee who was never left unattended with a minor and accusing her of being a rapist because she had a deep voice”.

https://www.olympicpeninsulaymca.org/alert-bar/all/official-statement-regarding-mountain-view-pool/

It is also worth noting that the number of trans people using their trans status to assault women (if not zero) is still significantly dwarfed by the number of self-righteous “Christian” transphobes who have, in recent times, harassed ciswomen in women’s restrooms by angrily accusing them of being men (and in several cases physically assaulting them), and that’s not even getting into the whole “corrective rape” thing transwomen have been prey to over the years. So those cherrypicking data to tar an entire demographic might want to consider what the same technique applied to their demographic might yield.

Sure. The woman’s a Terf. The male person watching little girls get undressed is completely normal. Got it.

Have some research then.

No male person was present, let alone “watching little girls get undressed”.

This person was doing their job in accordance with their rights under the law and Karen, who has a documented history of spouting hateful and abusive language at staff, had no right to assault her or make accusations.

The woman may not be a terf. There’s nothing there to indicate she’s a feminist, radical or otherwise. She is undoubtedly an asshole, however. And apparently “trans erasing” is part of her asshole schtick.

It’s Julie who was kicked out for being a verbally abusive asshole, if I’m following the stories correctly.

Did you understand the research you posted? Because going from that to “Trans people are more likely to be sex offenders” does not follow.

This is literally what your fellow transphobes are demanding the right to do, even attempting to enshrine it in law in some states.

I was using “Karen” in the sense of the sort of “customer” who abuses staff.

Ah. I don’t like that meme, because it tends to reinforce the idea that it’s okay for men to act privileged, but a horrible violation of norms of a woman does so. (And “asking to speak to the manager” isn’t generally abusive, it’s entitled.)

But in this thread it’s also confusing, because Aspidistra made some claim about a person named Karen.

Where I work we refer to male Karens as “Kevin”.

And I’d daresay that there’s a bit of wiggle room between asking to see the manager, and demanding that an employee be arrested because they must be a rapist.

This is so odd. Aphidistra has never pinged my asshole radar in the past, that I remember. I’m also always surprised when this kind of transphobia comes out of the UK (I assume, based on the -ise), because they usually seem more socially liberal. But, I guess we have several UK transphobes here, come to think of it.

There is a very successful effort to smear trans women in the UK right now. A friend who is closer to it than i am said there are even publicly accessible sites where the leaders of the movement discuss strategies, and what types of stories work best to spread outrage and violence against trans women.

It’s a form of terrorism, but it’s rather successful. And they are sharing with their allies in the US, who include both TERFs and the (Christian) religious right.

(Oddly, neither Judaism nor Islam has the same problem with transgenderism that Christianity has. The Talmud even explicitly discusses what rules apply to men who used to be women, women who used to be men, and some other unusual genders. And there was a time when Saudi Arabia was more trans-friendly than most us states.)

They are just as likely to be sex offenders as any other male people are. That’s why you don’t put them in the female prison. Because they’re male. And it turns out that being sexually male is the determining factor in whether someone is more or less likely to sex offend.

Not to mention of course that they can physically dominate any woman. Because they’re male. Which is why you don’t put male people in female prisons. Sex is the determinitive factor. Gender Identity means nothing.

Please provide a cite for this claim. My guess would be that, since many transwomen are on medication (hormones? hormone blockers?) that they would be less likely than the average cis-man, but I’m making an affirmative claim.

Even those are aren’t taking hormones are not cis men. They are not really like cis men. If you’ve ever met a trans woman before she came out (and before she sought medical treatment) you probably noticed that she was more feminine than most men. Honestly, I’ve rarely been surprised when someone comes out as trans. (And I know enough trans people that I’ve lost count.)

I don’t have a cite, but I’ve heard claims that trans women are much less likely to be sexual predators than cis men, and I think that’s incredibly intuitively plausible.

This I can believe.

Whereas if you put them in male prisons, they are far, far more likely to be sexually assaulted and/or murdered. Which you’ve made very clear you’re absolutely fine with.

Well, this is one sadly unsurprising unpleasant spiral this has taken, even if from a previously unexpected source (maybe I just had not been following their prior posts too closely)…

(And yeah, really… Jesus, the whole panicked threat that this is all a plot for “males” to invade “female only spaces” for nefarious purposes… damn)

Meanwhile harkening to before that happened:

Ugh. Then again I am a known skeptic of the “x” ing of language for the sake of inclusion.

I’d go revolutionary and make the standard form of address “Citizen _____” or, if that’s too French for them, y’know what, blow their minds and make it “Comrade _____”.