psst...unpopular posters, over here

RTR, I was a total geek in HS and the only reason I am vaguely popular comes down to:

(1) My name. It’s all about image, baby…
(2) My picture. For some reason, now that I have hair, chicks dig me. Doesn’t change I’m still a total geek…
(3) I AM a total geek. In spite of my little joke here, I really think people see that in me.
(4) I got lucky and I am smart because my Dad is smart. This board seems to be drawn to smarts mpre than High Schoolers did at any rate.
(5) I post a lot.

But trust me… If I posted my JHS pictures, everyone would look at me in a VERY different light…

Yer pal,
Satan

Post em Satan…I double dog dare you! ~ :slight_smile:

“Let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair…”
Tom Waits

Satan - you geek! :wink:

“If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

Yeah, sure Satan, just like all those models were ugly & unloved in jr. high. I know you’re only trying to make us feel better, but I for one am not buying it.

On the other hand, if you posted some proof, we might consider letting you into our geeky group. :slight_smile:

I’d post my jr. high picture but I don’t have a scanner. Yeah, that’s the ticket, no scanner…

Probably none of my business, but why are all the popular posters in this thread?

This space for rent.

Wally - who’re you callin popular? I ain’t popular dammit! Them’re fightin words, dude…

You’re on my list, Missy.

End of story. :slight_smile:

This space for rent.

I was pretty popular in HS, but its been all downhill in the mumbleteen years since then :frowning:

Alright! slamming down book That’s it! I’m gonna go right now and get some strong opinions about something (anything) and I’m going to post those opinions and stick with them no matter what logic anyone throws at me. And, if anyone doesn’t agree with me I’m gonna make wild accusations about them. And, while I’m at it - I’m going to post in all caps all the time from now on. That’ll get them to notice me - can’t be popular if you’re not noticed. I’m gonna make the popular list if it kills me!

look, that ain’t gonna work. tatertot, can I please be on the unpopular list? At least I’d make some list.

Scientists say 1 out of every 4 people is crazy. Check three friends. If they are OK, you’re it. =^…^=

Surf along to www.altavista.com , do a search for Ed Zotti Cecil Adams, and whose page is listed first? Mine. How 'bout www.hotbot.com ? Mine again. Okay, www.google.com – you don’t even have to do a search, just click on the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button. What a surprise, that’s my page. Me, me, me. Also www.infoseek.com , www.alltheweb.com , www.goto.com – you get the picture. I’m even listed on the Straight Dope FAQ Page.

So let them have their “15 Minutes of Fame”. Unca Cece is impressed by quality, not quantity. And when the time comes that he calls on his truest followers to join him in the spaceship-behind-the-comet, well, don’t be surprised to see Cecil invite me to go to the head of the line.

For the record.

102 posts in the most popular thread. And not one mention of Ol’ Frankie…And I was pretty popular in high school…maybe its just paybacks huh?

-Frankie

I’m not a shrimp, I’m a King Prawn.
-Pepe the Prawn

Hey now, Sycorax, there’s no need to get upset at the popular posters. Some people have more time to post (and they’re either smart, funny, or both) and they’ll be popular here. Don’t let it bug you!

Life is not a popularity contest.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

Well as Liz Phair says:

It’s always nice to be liked, but it’s better by fair to get paid.

Magnificent to behold - Greatly to be praised.

I find it hard to believe anyone still HAS their junior high picture. My HS picture is bad enough, what with the knot in my tie the size of a softball. You know how the cools in HS always seemed to be the football players? Somehow, in my HS it was the wrestlers. Maybe things were different back in '75. Back then, me being a goony walkingstick basketball player left me closer to the nerds than to the cools. I remember hearing about the cool drinking and sex parties that were going on without me. I never did find out if any of it was true.

First off, I have to say that Frank’s post in the popularity thread killed me. KILLED me.

And then I’d like to add my little self-delusion that the reason I’m barely noticed on this board is that no one’s met me IRL. I’m GREAT! :wink:

I need a hug

Satan a geek? I picture the Nerds movie 2, where the one nerd is now faculty and has lost his true nerd ways. Satan, there is a way back. Get a crew cut.

Revenge of the nerds, maybe, was the name.

Ahh the pleasures of not being popular…

you never have to choose between all of your adoring friends.
you don’t have to watch what you say for fear of losing that popularity.
you don’t have to pretend to like something you hate.
and you can sit back and be amused by the popular without the pressure of being witty and amusing yourself.

I have found my home!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

This is my kind of thread.I’m never on anybody’s list either.
On one hand, I thought all the popular kids in HS were silly and inconsequential. On the other hand, I wanted to be one of them.
And I’m proud to say that I graduated from high school in 1976 and have yet to attend one class reunion.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

I’m willing to bet I am the most unpopular poster. Rarely is it when I get mentioned, if I do at all. In fact, I would go as far as to say that people just read my remarks, say ‘wow for 16 hes pretty smart- must be a nerd’ and move on, forgetting the whole thing.

About the High School thing, well I’m IN High School and I am among the most unpopular. I have a few good friends, and the ones that listen to me are the ones that see past my black trenchcoat, and see the person I am. I would rather be unpopular, and only be friends with those that judge me by who I am rather than what I look like.

But that is my two cents. If you bothered to read this, I commend you for paying attention rather than saying “oh great its Counter again…”