PUGA VIII: Longest Married Doper

PUGA Hall of Fame

Shortest Doper: whiterabbit (4’2)
Doper with the most biological children: SlowMindThinking (5 kids )
Oldest Doper: KlondikeGeoff (78 years young)
Youngest Doper: SurrenderDorthy (15 years old)
Dopers Married the Most Times: Rico, danceswithcats, LadyDragon, and Dolores Reborn (4 times each)
Doper with the most pets: JThunder (41)
Most Peirced Doper: Bre’r Lappin (19 peircings)

PUGA General Rules.

1. Saying that Dopername wins it cause Dopername is undisputed extreme answer doesn’t work. Sorry. To claim the PUGA, the person MUST post in this topic telling all the nessasary info. That’s why they’re called PUGAs (Postings Until Goal Acheived). The only exception to this is found in rule 3.

2. Please be serious and honest with your answers. Joke as much as you want about those real answers, (and feel free to just post to this topic making joking comments any way you like) but don’t ever give a number that’s greatly exaggerated if you’re answering to the current PUGA contest.

3. PUGA winners are not set in stone. The exception to having to post IN a topic to claim the title is only null and void if a new PUGA has been made. If you see someone in the Hall of Fame from the past PUGAs that you can beat, then, by all means, post in the current PUGA going on (that would be this one) and tell me. I’ll then put you as the person in the next PUGA I make (and the Hall of Fame in that topic).

Specific PUGA Rules

1. Just one main one. It must be to the same person. :stuck_out_tongue: It can’t be all the years you were married to different people accumulated.

2. No, you do NOT have to still be married to them. It still counts even if you’re not married to the person you hold the record with.

I’m at 0 years.
Yeah, it should take about 1 minute before that’s beaten.

Well, it lasted longer than a minute.

silenus & deesiresjohn - 1 year, 7 months

I’ve got you beat at 12 years, but I know someone will be along shortly to beat that.

23 years, nine months, and counting.

See?
:stuck_out_tongue:

I have no bone in this fight, but please spell **pierced **correctly! Thanks…just one of those things, ya know?

We’re not in the running for this, but I just wanted to say that in 10 days, Stonebow and I will be celebrating 6 years of wedded bliss.

28 years, 5 months.

I got married as a child.

Oooops, forgot to say, I’m still married.

So it’s 28 years, 5 months and counting.

Mr. Ujest and I just celebrated out 13th anniversary yesterday.
We married when we were 5. If you do new math.

Oh, Lord, as the oldest, probably I’ll be the longest married too. Last December was married 54 years to the same woman.

The embarrasing part is that, although she is 76, she looks 20 or so years younger than I. So, most think she is my second trophy wife.

When I tell people how long we’ve been hitched, they must figure i married her when she was about 12.

Ah, well, can’t complain about 'dat.

PUGA Hall of Fame

Shortest Doper: whiterabbit (4’2)
Doper with the most biological children: SlowMindThinking (5 kids )
Oldest Doper: KlondikeGeoff (80 years young)
Youngest Doper: SurrenderDorthy (17 years old)
Dopers Married the Most Times: Rico, danceswithcats, LadyDragon, and Dolores Reborn (4 times each)
Doper with the most pets: JThunder (41)
Most Peirced Doper: Bre’r Lappin (19 peircings)
Longest Married Doper: KlondikeGeoff (56 years)

PUGA General Rules.

1. Saying that Dopername wins it cause Dopername is undisputed extreme answer doesn’t work. Sorry. To claim the PUGA, the person MUST post in this topic telling all the nessasary info. That’s why they’re called PUGAs (Postings Until Goal Acheived). The only exception to this is found in rule 3.

2. Please be serious and honest with your answers. Joke as much as you want about those real answers, (and feel free to just post to this topic making joking comments any way you like) but don’t ever give a number that’s greatly exaggerated if you’re answering to the current PUGA contest.

3. PUGA winners are not set in stone. The exception to having to post IN a topic to claim the title is only null and void if a new PUGA has been made. If you see someone in the Hall of Fame from the past PUGAs that you can beat, then, by all means, post in the current PUGA going on (that would be this one) and tell me. I’ll then put you as the person in the next PUGA I make (and the Hall of Fame in that topic). Also, if you’ve won a PUGA in the past and info has changed, feel free to tell me so I can update your info.
    Specific PUGA Rules

4. Since this one might be tricky when it comes in comparison with other claims, I have decided to just have the info that matters be how many (estimated) miles you have been at the farthest (at any possible time in your life) from your town/city of birth.

So, for example. If someone on here has never EVER been or traveled outside their city of birth, they’ll probably be one of, if not THE winner, of this PUGA.

However, if we never have anyone like that that posts (and I doubt we will), whoever has the lowest estimated mile number from place of birth will take it. Remember, the mile number has to be however many miles is the FURTHEST you’ve ever been from your P.O.B thus far in your life.
Since I was born in Buffalo, New York and the furthest I’ve been, so far, from there is California, I’d say I might not be the winner…

I’m sure someone will probably have a lower difference than I.

Sit back and relax. I’ll be 85 on 3 December and have been married for 63 years as of last 15 April.

Woo-hooo! I knew it! We smashed two PUGA’s, Idle Thoughts. Be sure to edit the “Oldest Doper” entry next time.

(I’ve been married 7 years and one month. Nowhere near the PUGA, but just thought I’d get that out there.)

Damn, yeah we did. I’ll remember.

Sorry, Klondike. You held it for a long time, though.

Finally! Every time I saw that thread, I KNEW that David Simmons was older, and I kept hoping he’d pop in and prove me right.

There used to be someone who was even older. Was it Desert Geezer? I know that whoever it was wrote of being the Pacific in WWII almost from the beginning.

You need a category, “Oldest to have climbed a mountain.” KlondikeGeoff wins that going away and eased up.

Curse you, David, it is so seldom I’m ever first in anything (excepting, perhaps, decrepitude), and now you have to go ruin it. :smiley:

Well, second place ain’t so bad I guess. Good wishes for a long and happy life (and marriage).

Married 14 years, 2 months.

5 kids! All our biological children, and legitimate.

But I’m not having another one to break the record, thank you very much.