Queen Elizabeth's funeral music

Let’s talk about it, starting with the procession of the casket from Buckingham to Westminster Palace. Likes, dislikes, most and least favorite? What are you hoping to hear, or not hear, on Monday?

All the high Anglican stuff is musical catnip to me. Loved the chant when the casket was carried into Westminster Palace, “Lord, thou hast searched me and known me.” (Was that setting written for the occasion, by chance?) And the Bairstow, wow, I’ve sung that in choir years ago but forgotten about those magnificent dissonances. Here it is:

I do wonder if they’ll stick to the high-church stuff, or if they’ll do Candle in the Wind or something (not literally that, but you know what I mean).

Funeral Sentences and Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary, by Purcell.

Sex Pistols?

Paul MacCartney singing “Her Majesty” at the very end.

Due to be announced today, I believe.

The setting of “Lord, thou hast searched me” was by James O’Donnell.

Tears and Celebrations, Katherine Jenkins’ new hymn of remembrance is surely in with a chance:

Thank you! The occasion rated an original setting, for sure.

I completely forgot about the St. Giles Cathedral service. Full order of service for today's thanksgiving service for Queen Elizabeth

Livestream queued at “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee,” Samuel Wesley: Queen Elizabeth’s Coffin Carried From Holyrood Palace to St. Giles' Cathedral - YouTube

(Score: Thou Wilt Keep Him in Perfect Peace - Wesley - YouTube)

Another One Bites the Dust, by Queen?

Here are the orders of service for today:

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/media/15467/order-of-service-the-state-funeral-of-her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii.pdf