Morbid I know [funeral music]

What music would you like at your funeral?

I have opted for " By Yon Bonnie Banks"

May the Circle Be Unbroken

1000 Oceans

There may be others, but these are the first two that spring to mind. I’ll have to think about this…

If there’s a funeral for me, I really hope someone remembers to play “Funeral for a Friend/ Loves Lies Bleeding”. Or “Who Wants to Live Forever.” If they play anything hymnal or cheesy, I’ll come back t’ haunt 'em.

Well, I thought “Amazing Grace” would be nice. But reading these boards, I think “Bitch I stole yo purse” might be better.

Cleese giving the eulogy for Graham Chapman: http://youtube.com/watch?v=CkxCHybM6Ek

Sailing By by Ronald Binge.

None.
I opt for quick cremation, with 24 hours of death, no service.

My best friend is adamant that when she dies, we have ‘‘Amazing Grace’’ played on the bagpipes for her. She is not religious. Her name is Grace. The bagpipes element just makes it even more absurd. I would probably have to laugh at her.

It’s not traditional, but I’d probably want something by Live, the band I think is closest to getting at what god is, if god in fact exists.
Contender:

It has to be Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. How else do you scare away the demons come for your soul?

And The Mutineer. Definitely.

Since this is basically a poll, I’ll move it to IMHO for you.

Cajun Man
for the SDMB

Copland’s Fanfare for the Common Man.

But not on the bagpipe.

Also a few chanted phrases in Quenya:
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlie’n. Sinome maruvan tenn’ Ambar-metta! Utúlie’n lomë ar ilyë tier undulávë lumbulë. Auta nán i lomë! Aurë Entuluva!

I won’t obligate my heirs to stick around after. :wink:

As I intend to be cremated I think “Great Balls of Fire” would go down admirably

Dear, the service isn’t for you. It’s for those who love you. It doesn’t have to have any religious overtones, just a meeting of friends who remember you fondly.

It helps to bring closure to those who remember you.

I don’t plan on a funeral. I plan on a wake. Mostly Prince, the Who, and Stevie Ray Vaughan, I expect.

Ashokan Farewell. I want people crying!

Possibly Bicycle, by Queen, or maybe Purple Haze, by Hendryx.

(Don’t Fear) The Reaper

What? Amazing Grace, played on the bagpipes, is poignant and moving.

This is not a whoosh.

I was going to say, Amazing Grace, played on the bagpipes for me, but it might be a bit of a cliche. I’m Scots, but not religious.

The Crossing, by Sheila Jordan, then.

Dark Side of the Moon, by Pink Floyd.

I’ve edited the title for descriptiveness.

Moved from IMHO to CS.

Memory from CATS

I must wait for a new life, and I mustn’t give in.
When the dawn comes this night will be a memory too.
And a new day will begin.