Queer people: early signs?

For entertainment purposes only. Not to be taken internally.

Well, when I was in grade 2, I asked my mom to make a “Captain Spectro” outfit for me for Halloween - a character of my own devising with a rainbow cape.

When I was in grade 6, our music teacher introduced us to The Phantom of the Opera. I immediately became obsessed with it, got a recording and a copy of the libretto, and begged and begged my parents to see it. They eventually took me to a performance at the Pantages Theatre in Toronto on one of our trips there. I still remember it sighs happily

Ironically enough, I also became obsessed with the Phantom of the Opera, and went to see it in Toronto as my graduation of grade 6 present.

So being Canadian is an ealy sign :wink:

My best friend was a five year old pining for TV star Doug McClure,then starring in The Virginian. He still gets a thrill at the mention of “Saddle up,Trampas!”. (sigh,good times)

I think EVERY Quebecker has seen the Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theatre in Toronto. It’s a law, I think.

mnemos asks her SO…

Well, it’s a law for us Anglophones, at least. I wonder if it’s a ploy to get us to go to Toronto?

Umm…

Fascination with penises?

Just a guess.

Nope. I was (and still am) fascinated with penises, and am perfectly straight. 'Course, I’m a girl.

Anyway, too many straight boys fascinate with their own penises for that to work even for them.

fascinated. Although it’s still true the other way.

I (a female) cut my hair short at the age of eight (and have never grown it any longer than my chin).

I played with hot wheels, GI Joe and I had a He Man big wheel trike.

I played softball, a brass instrument and refused to wear dresses as soon as I was old enough to sit up.

I now live with my wonderful boyfriend.

I don’t think you can tell if someone is queer early in life.

My mom said she always knew I was gay because I liked books more than sports. Yup, it was my “Dinosaurs ‘Dos and Don’ts’” Book that made me gay, not the Abba she constantly listened to.:stuck_out_tongue:

I played with Robin and GI Joe (the big one) in the tub and made them kiss and get married. I was 4.

Doing knitting instead of sports at school?

Awww! Sorry, but I just think that’s adorable.

My mom used to make me watch Beauty and the Beast as punishment when I was 5. I’d say, “Ewwwww, ick, romance!” She also thought the poetry and morality and stuff would be good for me, I think.

Linda Hamilton or a big scary monster… Easy choice.

• Lesbian who has found her “root”

At the age of six months, I was bouncing up and down on my ass on the floor in time with ABBA records. Mum still thinks this was just a sign that I was going to be a good dancer.

At 4 years old, all I wanted for christmas was a pair of boxing gloves and a pink umbrella.

I have some blackmail pictures that my sister swears she will break out and show my boyfriends sometimes. These particular ones feature me at 3 in a very loose dress and with full makeup on. Yes, I was their living doll. I think the loose dress is a reflection of my loose morals. :wink:

I also remember telling my mom that I was going to marry the stripper who was on some movie that I saw on tv at around 4. I don’t remember if he was hot or not but now I would probably aim more towards not.

I have some blackmail pictures that my sister swears she will break out and show my boyfriends sometimes. These particular ones feature me at 3 in a very loose dress and with full makeup on. Yes, I was their living doll. I think the loose dress is a reflection of my loose morals. :wink:

I also remember telling my mom that I was going to marry the stripper who was on some movie that I saw on tv at around 4. I don’t remember if he was hot or not but now I would probably aim more towards not.

How sordid! Not only was G.I. Joe clandestinely jeopardizing his military career, but Robin was cheating on Batman!

Well, long before the infamous commercial, I used to take my GI Joes on panty raids to my sister’s Barbie Fun House…

Way back when GI Joe was a full 12" instead of that puny 6" he is today…

Lemme tell ya, Barbie sure appreciated Joe a lot more back then.