Question about adding comments to YouTube videos

Has a recent issue with my computer, part of the fixes I found online was to clear my browser cache. I did and this did not fix the problem I was having but created a bunch more. The biggest was I was logged out of every website that has a login. I found another issue last night when I tried to leave a comment on a YouTube video. When I click on the “add a comment” link the page just refreshes the page and opens YouTube at my home page. I chatted with someone from YouTube, they said I have to be logged into Google which logs me into YouTube. I am logged in, other than that they did not have an answer. I was conversing with a tech from an RV parts supplier about upgrading my travel trailer to disk brakes and now he thinks I dropped off the face of the earth. I would really like to contact this person, he was willing to supply the parts at a reduced cost and do all labor if I allowed him to shoot a video of the work being done.

Browser?

Edge.

Try going through and turning off each addon/extension one by one and see if any of them are causing it.

Also you can try going to: edge://settings/system and turn off Save resources with sleeping tabs.

Another idea: does the YouTube video URL start with HTTP or HTTPS? If it’s HTTP then it reloads when you click to comment, is the reloaded page HTTPS?

If that’s what’s happening go to: edge://settings/privacy then scroll down and toggle on “Automatically switch to more secure connections with Automatic HTTPS” if it’s off.

I found the problem, trying to fix it is a pain. I somehow turned on hotkeys and I can’t turn them off.

Back at your first step, if you got logged out of everything, it sounds like you cleared your cookies rather than just clearing your browser cache.

I use Ccleaner about once a month or so which clears out a load of junk. It clears out a load of cookies too, but I am able to tell it to leave the ones I want to keep alone.

I recently cleaned up my Wife’s computer and she complained bitterly that she had to keep looking up and entering passwords for her regular sites.

Not all cookies are bad.

I’ve had this problem before, but for a different reason. I had connected through my work VPN, which is not based in the US. I couldn’t make comments until I disconnected the VPN.