Question about boogers. Seriously.

This is a question that has been bothering my girlfriend and me for some time. We have spent a great deal of time pondering this,and a very small amount of time actually trying to solve it. Now, I believe I will get the answer.

Why don’t dogs,especially dogs with longer snouts like labs and such, ever get boogers? I’ve never seen a dog with boogers. Runny noses, sure. Cold and wet and all that. How do they keep all that real estate clear?

They do. Big time. Especially puppies. I am not sure where you get your impressions.

We used to have a retriever mix who could sneeze out some frighteningly large globs of snot.

However, now that you mention it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dog with the more solid form boogers like what us humans can either blow out or pick.

I have a cat that gets boogers - well, little crusts, under his nostrils.

I agree with the others. I have had to pick both cat and dog noses when they get gross. My cats are the worst, you can hear their boogers rattling around in there and you have to fish them out with rolled up kleenex.

You must have seen some very clean-nosed dogs in your life, be lucky you haven’t had to go fishing in their noses like the rest of us.

Maybe being able to lick the end of your nose helps prevent buildup.

They sneeze fairly often too.

I think it’s because their noses are a lot wetter than humans(well, dogs anyway). Their noses may run, they lick them with no reserve; us humans do not ( i mean in the use the kleenex whenever needed, instead of this must-blow-nose-in-private).