Question About Crossdressing Laws

Is it illegal to crossdress in Colorado? I’ve been searching all over the net for a simple answer to this question and can’t find any. Are there any lawyers or other crossdressers out there who might know the answer?

What if I’m transgendered? Don’t I have the right to live in my chosen gender role?

Put on a skirt and if hassled by “the Man”, tell em your Scottish! :slight_smile:

The shoes might be hard to explain, however.

Fagjunk Theology: Not just for sodomite propagandists anymore.

I can’t imagine why it would be illegal. A woman in Colorado can certainly walk around in jeans and a t-shirt. Why it might be illegal for a man to put on a skirt and a low-cut blouse is beyond me, but then, IANAL.

There are laws against crossdressing in many states. I’m just not sure about Colorado. I think these laws were initially enacted back in the days when most drag queens on the street were prostitutes. When I go out I’m in full drag with hair, makeup, heels, jewelry, etc… I can’t get away with saying I’m scottish or something.

I don’t walk around on the street in full drag though. I do sometimes go shopping in ‘drab queen’, and that’s more what I’m worried about. It’s a lot more comfortable to shop in the women’s department that way.

Can you call your local DA’s office for this info?
Peace,
mangeorge

IANAL etc.

According to the Human Rights Campaign there is no statewide protection against discrimination based on gender identity. I was, however, unable to locate any state ordinance requiring “gender-appropriate” clothing. Any such law would likely fail before a First Amendment challenge.