Question about horseback riding in Italy.

I’m going to Italy this March with my mom and sister. We’d like to go horseback riding while we’re there. We will be on a tour with a group, but will have plenty of free days/afternoons.

Does anyone here know how I can find out about horseback riding stables in or around Rome, Venice or Capri? These are the places we have the most time. We really only want to go for an hour or two, not like a whole day long thing. As a horse owner/lover, I am trying to go riding whenever I’m on vacation if it’s possible. I’d just love a pic of myself on horseback in Italy!

TIA!

Having returned from Italy earlier this Summer I’ll tell you, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a place to go horseback riding. As a matter of fact, when we were leaving Roma for Florence there were quite a few touristy places offering horseback riding. Ask your concierge about it, and he/she will be able to direct you to the right place. I’d suggest doing it outside Capri, in the relative hills, instead of outside Rome…

Thanks for the info. I’m glad it should be easy enough to find a place to ride. I’m really looking forward to it.