Question on how to safely move constructed Lego sets

Ah. That does complicate the simple solution. For the Lego sets that my own kid plays with, I’ve often been tempted to use a little school glue for the parts that often pop off. I reckon it would be more removable than superglue or plastic cement, but allow it to withstand the rigors of actual playing. I haven’t really tried it yet, though, so I don’t know how hard it is to pry the things apart after it dries.

Sometimes it pays to go all out for your kid. My daughter lives about 7 hours away. She recently had a really bad day. I told her I was driving down. I took her out for a nice dinner and afterwards I drove home (I had to work the next day).

Could you hire a friend to drive along transporting the sets VIP style?

Here’s what we’re doing for the important pieces:

Wrap in bubble wrap. Place in box surrounded by peanuts. Depending on size of item, more than one Lego piece may be in the box.

I may ask him if he wants us to drive the most important one up with us (Bay Area to Albany, OR). The VIP treatment for the his favorite.

He does have a huge tub of pieces that he uses to make free form space ships, monsters, cars, whatever out of, but he also has about a dozen pieces, like the Millennium Falcon that are really important to him as the completed set.

Wrapping tomorrow. Move starts shortly after. Thank you again everyone.