Quick, Giraffe, before some asshole locks this.

A man can take only so much.

Seriously, you thought that jessesheeran was even among the top 1000 most interesting posters on the SDMB? :dubious:

Sorry, IMO this is like writing a letter to the editor to complain when Family Circus or Marmaduke is cancelled.

During 2008 we banned a grand total of six “real” members (by that I mean posters who were not insta-banned socks and spammers), out of all the thousands of posters we have. It’s not like we are banning members who are making serious contributions left and right. I’m surprised that the absence of these few posters, who constitute roughly .01 percent of our active membership, has had such a drastic impact on your enjoyment of the site, compared to those who are still around.

I actually agree with you. The quality of the board declined significantly once you signed up. :wink:

Read some of edivincison’s posts. He’s 16 kinds of crazy, and he’s offering some conspiracy theories I guarantee you haven’t seen before.

Yes! Thanks.

ETA: Colibri, I guess I shouldn’t imply that my enjoyment is drastically impacted. I just thought he really did post some interesting stuff in some interesting ways.

There is a subset of posters who post in Pit threads every time there is a banning. This subset has the general groupthink that the BOARD is diminished because some [del]worthless scum-sucking nearly illiterate subhuman who has the strength to click their fingers on a keyboard[/del] charming, fascinating [del]moron[/del]new poster has run afoul of the board rules. The new poster is usually posting [del]the most worthless kind of shit threads[/del] topics that are so off the wall that no one truly thinks they’re brilliant. Rather, the subset of posters who decry their banning are really just longing for the excitement of watching them get batted around on the Boards. They truly have little compassion for the banned poster as a human being, or as a person maligned by the swarthy, knuckle-dragging Mods on this Board. They are only bemoaning the fact that their precious has been torn from their grasp. Pity them, as they have no joy except to vicariously observe people of little/impaired intellectual abilities(or people who have the faculty, but are trying to hide it and play a game) try to post their thoughts on an internet message board.

Have you never played with a cat and a laser pointer? Chewed gum? It is just safe and empty fun, when you are done, you turn it off / throw it away. It is no biggie. No need to get heady about it.

I did that once.

The fucking feline hit the deck and pulled a gun…

Well, yeah.

Heh. I get it.

-FrL-

Nah. In general level of classiness, it’s more like teasing the Down’s Syndrome kid, or even dumber, poking at the kid who both you and everybody else knows is just pretending to be retarded.

In any case, I’m glad you posted that, since it does confirm that you are merely playing games in these threads, and aren’t actually sincere about what you say.

But that’s your shtick in the Pit - tease the screwed up kids, tattletale on the naughty kids (not because you actually care about decorum, but just to stir things up), and all the while taking any opportunity to hock a spitball at Teacher.

I think I’m going to bookmark that post for the next time you pop up in a banning thread. Thanks for admitting to it so openly.

I think what you meant was, “Roger, Roger”. :wink:

Butthurt much? I look forward to mopping the floor with you sorry ass when you try to make a production of it.

I’ll give you this, Sapo. Sometimes you’re good for a chuckle.:smiley:

Does this include my science experiment, scrambledeggs?

:wink: right back atcha. I mean it in the friendliest possible way. De pana.

No. And three of the six posters Colibri mentioned were banned for having multiple accounts. Three members were banned for being jerks.

Sorry, I overlooked that one.

WARNING. Sapo, no doubt you consider the above routine schoolyard bullshit. It’s still a threat, which you know damn well we don’t allow in the Pit or anywhere else. Do this again and it’ll be the last post you make on the SDMB.

Come on, this is silly. He was clearly stating that he would “mop the floor” with him in a debate. There was no “threat” anywhere.

Hi Ed, he was hardly threatening physical violence with that post. Not even an empty threat of physical violence like many Internet tough guys like to make. **Sapo **was pretty clearly talking about mopping the floor in terms of written debate and banter. You might want to reconsider the warning.