Quotes about the Police

I have a friend who’s a cock…cop…and I told him a fun quote I came across on the SDMB about the police which he liked and I was wondering if anyone has any more, they can be anything you like, funny, serious, moving etc

I can’t recall the exact wording but the quote I mentioned was by Hunter S. Thompson, something like:

“Most people misunderstand the psychology of a traffic cop, when the blue lights and sirens come on behind them they meekly pull over and stop, this is a mistake, it arouses contempt in the cop heart, make him chase you…he will follow…”

Any others?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, by the way.
“Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.”

On the other hand, there’s Chris Rock: “If the police have to come and get you, they’re bringing an ass-kicking with them.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

“If you ever see me being beaten up by the cops, put down the videocamera and come help me.” – Bobcat Goldthwaite.