Racist restaurant owner gets backlash from Yelp

… and if they don’t get refused service?

That anyone expects Yelp reviews to do much of anything coherent is the laugher here. Depending on the mood of the filterbots on any given day, Gary’s place could look like SSM heaven, redneck paradise or yet another blandly-flogged eats place.

Then they don’t sue, and maybe of the food is good enough they come back again.

Cool. Maybe they will bring business to the guy that hates them :slight_smile: That’ll definitely show him.

If he doesn’t really only serve white straight business owners then they presumably won’t care.

I think you presume a bit much. If some restaurateur publicly hated Jews and sold anti-Semitic t-shirts in his establishment, I’d definitely not add to his business. And I also definitely would not visit his place hoping that he’d refuse business to me. That’s just stupid.

Would you write a sarcastic review of his business on Yelp?

Why would I do that? As I pointed out, it would either attract clients to him, increasing his revenues, or direct the Jews and “Jew-sympathizers” away from his business, which is what he wants in the first place.

Do you really think white supremacists are Googling businesses to make sure “they hate niggers/queers/Jews/whatever” before patronizing them?

No, I am sure it is all word of mouth. But the free publicity the guy just got definitely spread the info about his restaurant to at least a few white supremacists that weren’t aware of him before, wouldn’t you say?

I doubt it. He’s in Enid, Oklahoma, which AIUI is in the middle of nowhere. They already knew. Anyway, maybe a bunch of gay guys will show up and make Douchey McHate uncomfortable for a few hours. That’s worth something.

LOL. I know, let’s throw money at “Douchey McHate”. I am sure that will make him uncomfortable.

n/m - dbl post

Bonus points if his discomfort winds up on YouTube. Double-bonus points if the video then winds up on Tosh.0 and/or Best Week Ever.

So, the Yelp thing will either increase his revenues, or decrease his revenues. Kinda like the price of tea in outer Mongolia?

First off, it’s just a humorous way to protest the guy’s racism. They make it funny to get more people linking the review, and thus spread their message wider.

But, in the fantasy, they are inviting gay people to show up and have sex. There is nothing about buying any food. The idea is for them to show up and make the owner uncomfortable, not for them to actually buy anything.

You understand that if someone shows up, hangs out and buys nothing, the owner has full right to expel them from the premises, right?

So, how’s the food?

I was interested in this thread until I had to read through a bunch of disingenuous obtuseness. I suppose I’ll go read about hilarious comeuppances elsewhere.

Terr, you fundamentally don’t get it. Gary isn’t the audience of these pranks. 14-year-old assholes are the audience.

Gary? He’s an old shitball who’s gonna die soon and take his bigotry with him. But there are a lot of young protoshitballs who are growing up and trying to figure out whether it’s cooler to be a shitball like Gary, or a decent person unlike Gary.

If they just see Gary and his racist homophobic T-shirts, those stupid kids might decide, hey, that’s the life for me!, and we have another generation of shitballs to worry about.

But now they’re seeing other dumb teenagers mocking Gary, and it’s tremendously obvious that being Gary is pathetic and contemptible. Those protoshitballs? Maybe they’re not gonna go down that path.

It’s a small act, and fuck Gary, he’s out of the picture soon anyway. But these small acts are an essential part of changing the culture, making homosexuality culturally acceptable and homophobia culturally unacceptable.

Dumb vs dumber? That’s the fight? Pathetic.