Raider fans - eat shit!!

Is it? I mean, if you look at the NFL over the past few years, Parity has been more of an issue in the AFC than in the NFC. Strong teams just don’t last long in the AFC and it always takes longer for the post season picture to come into focus. In the NFC, the post-season is pretty clear by week 12 or 13, and pre-season predictions are easier to come by.

Think about who has been the AFC champ over the past few seasons: Raiders, Patriots, Ravens, Tennessee. These teams were all surprises to one extent or another and few if any predicted these teams to be as successful as they were. And many teams that are great one year, practically disappear the next (Patriots, Ravens, Tennessee, Colts)

On the other side of the league, the Bucs, the Eagles, the Packers, the Rams (aside from last season) have predictably dominated the NFC.

I’m not saying there isn’t any parity in the NFC, but it’s far less predominant and not as big of a factor as one might think.

Pariety is nasty, even in the NFC; however, the Bucs have depth - and that’s what helps.

Their cap isn’t going to be bad this year (2004 and 2005 will start that mess again, if the big names stay around)

Hopefully Gruden will increase the offensive capabilities of the team even more over the post season. IMO I like Gruden because he cusses slow enough that you can understand what he’s saynig (besdies the obvious “WTF”) >:)