Raider fans - eat shit!!

As any Raider fan will attest, it’s never too late to gloat over a Superbowl win.

Or is it?

Is there a statute of limitations over Superbowl gloating? Was my Bears-fan friend out of line when he ragged on my Patriots-fan friend for the '86 Superbowl a few months back? Will I have to get in all the gloating I can prior to a date printed on the crimp of some “gloat carton”?

If so…FORTY-EIGHT to TWENTY-ONE!!!

Commitment to Excrement!

How do you startle a Raider fan at work?

Turn on your windsheild wipers.

What holiday causes the most confusion for Raider fans?

“Father’s day”

How do you get a Raider fan off your front porch?

Pay for the pizza!

That’s enough for now.

I’d definitely rather not. But if I were, I wouldn’t be attributing their failings to SI, jinx or no jinx.

Hey, if you’re gonna go on past victories then all of you bitches can eat the Cleveland Brown’s shit! Before it was called the Super Bowl they won like 18 million of’em! WOOO!

F Cleveland tho, i’m glad Tampa won… I they only won because I moved two weeks before that thogh.

I’d just like to say hello to myself re-reading this thread after its inevitable bump during the 2003 NFL playoffs.

Okay. I promise to bump this thread next December when the Raiders have nothing to look forward to but a top 10 draft pick.

Let’s have a fun game. Predictions on how the Raiders will get out of salary cap hell.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Bucs failing in the next playoffs and the ensuing crow you will eat. I’m not a Raiders fan.

I’m not a Raiders fan, I just hate the Bucs. It’s nice that they eventually won something, even losers have their day once in a great while. I tell you this, though, you won’t be in the superbowl next year, thats for fuckin sure.

Meanwhile I’ll be hoping that tub Sapp chokes to death on a hamhock sometime next season.

Any particular reason the Bucs won’t be back in the Super Bowl next year? Aside from recent historical trends?

Odds? Parity? Injury? Cap issues of their own?

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I thought - like I said, aside from recent historical trends. It’s just that several posters here seem to be implying that the Bucs were a flash in the pan, undeserving team or something when I don’t think that’s the case at all.

Anyway, I think they have a decent shot at it since AFAIK their defense will be more or less intact and their offensive set will probably remain similar.

Well I’m not implying, I’ll say straight out that they got lucky.

Fuck 'em they ain’t winning shit in 2003, write that down.

And Gruden can kiss my ass.

Gutsy prediction considering how hard it is for legitimate teams to repeat. So what is the limit? No playoffs? Won’t make it to the Super Bowl? Won’t make it to the NFC Championship game? Won’t make it out of the Wild Card set?

And how were they lucky? Their defense is no fluke. And their offense wasn’t either - just consisted of a basic West Coast offense with some alternate reads. Pretty simple to duplicate next year barring injuries.

Word Eater

I mainly agree with most of the stuff you post, but i’m gonna have write you a reality check on “the Bucs got lucky”. There are about 5 teams in the NFC that each year are very very close to getting to the big game and fall short, the Bucs being one of them. Last year the Pats got lucky. That game was a prime example of a team that should not have been there going all the way.

FWIW I’m not saying they’re going next year (as much as I would like them to). Pariety in this league is just too immense to deal with. I can tell you they will be in the Playoff though.

The Bucs are sitting pretty fat under the salary cap so they should be able to get some additional tools to beef up their offense. However, the parity word is the biggie.

I’m thinking they’ll lose it in the conference final.

I totally agree. FWIW I like Philly for 2003

Yeah, that’s probably not an unreasonable assumption.

Now that I think about it, I feel like I’m copping out, as that’s a pretty safe assumption. It’s like me saying “I can see the future…you will go to sleep sometime tonight”

Anyway it’s all a rich tapestry, because I’m a Jets fan. I was pulling for the Giants, who almost brought me to tears with that 49ers game. The following week I was pulling for the Bucs to cripple the 49ers and they did. The 49ers out of the way, it was time for the Bucs to go down, as they had served their purpose, but that wasn’t happening. You would think that after the Raiders killed the Jets, that I would have wanted them to die, but I liked Romo and Rice, and I wanted that other veteran guy who never won a ring to get one. As far as the Bucs I can’t stand Keyshaun, I loathe Gruden (donno why, he just looks like some snyde bitch fratboy whom I would love to kick the shit out of), and I tried to like Sapp, but he seems like you either love him or hate him.

I was pulling for Atlanta too, but thats a whole other story.

Oooh, “Bucs won’t repeat”. Nice job John Edward.

First of all, “they got lucky” is about as foolish a statement that can be made about the Bucs’ Superbowl win.

As far as repeating next year:

The defense won’t likely lose many key players and if you were paying attention, you’d notice that backups and no-name players came up huge in the Superbowl (Dexter Jackson, Ellis Wyms, etc.) In fact, they had been all year. That’s a pretty strong statement about the depth on that defense. If the defense regresses, it won’t be by all that much.

Offensively, they were just begining to learn the Gruden offense at the end of last season. WCO is a complex offense and can take up to two years for a team to master. The Bucs did quite well with it in their first season. Chances are, it’s only going to get better.

A better offense, paired with that defense? You do the math.
I’ll only predict the Bucs make it to post-season, but that’s more based on history than anything else. However, there are plenty of reasons to think they can repeat.