I can’t be the only person who, when seeing the word Ratatouille, immediately thinks of: “Rats, rats for sale! Get your rats! Good for rat stew, rat soup, or the ever-popular ratatouille!”
[/QUOTE]
I was reminded more of Baldrick’s take on rat cuisine, including the classic “rat au van”.
I can’t be the only person who, when seeing the word Ratatouille, immediately thinks of: “Rats, rats for sale! Get your rats! Good for rat stew, rat soup, or the ever-popular ratatouille!”
[/QUOTE]
Can I get a piece without so much rat in it?
as far as the movie goes, I also had a “Meh” reaction to the teaser, but now the trailer (and 9 minute “Appetizer” available on the Apple Quicktime movie trailer site) make the movie seem more…palatable… now
I was sold as soon as saw Pixar. They can do no wrong in my eyes.
Does Ratzenberger have incriminating photos of several execs? Rather interesting that he’s in all the Pixar movies. Of course, he’s a top-notch voice actor, so it doesn’t bother me.
[QUOTE=Pleonast]
Does Ratzenberger have incriminating photos of several execs? Rather interesting that he’s in all the Pixar movies. Of course, he’s a top-notch voice actor, so it doesn’t bother me.
[/QUOTE]
I think he’s their good luck charm. I loved the bit in Cars’ credit goodies where they’re watching car-ified movies at the drive-in and Mack is enthusiastic about the characters voiced by Ratzenburger until it slowly dawns on him, “Hey! These are all the same guy! What kind of a crummy outfit is this!”
The Toy Story movies, *The Incredibles * and Finding Nemo all rocked. Cars wasn’t quite up to Pixar’s usual standard of excellence, but I liked it well enough. I’m looking forward to Ratatouille - from the previews, it looks great. I just hope they show Edna Mode as a diner in that fine Parisian restaurant.
Patton Oswalt is one of my favorite comedians, but I doubt that will help me like this movie. Unless he did some of the writing, and threw in material about Angie Dickenson being able to suck the sorrow off a recent widow, and stuff like that.
I’m confused on why they say the name of the movie a bazillion times during the preview and still feel compelled to put the pronounciation guide under the title. Even if you haven’t heard of Ratatouille, you have by the end of the trailer.
[QUOTE=gigi]
I’m confused on why they say the name of the movie a bazillion times during the preview and still feel compelled to put the pronounciation guide under the title. Even if you haven’t heard of Ratatouille, you have by the end of the trailer.
[/QUOTE]
I overheard a woman at the grocery store who was talking about this movie. She kept calling it “Rattle-toe.” Apparently the pronunciation guide doesn’t help much. :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=pinkfreud]
…Ratatouille is the creation of Brad Bird, the creative force behind The Iron Giant and The Incredibles.
[/QUOTE]
The movie was already in development when Bird was asked to join the project, and according to his foreword in The Art of Ratatouille, he was apprehesive about not being there from the very beginning.
And I agree with GuanoLad, the animation is some of the best I’ve ever seen.
Gary I agree completely did you check out the Podcast I posted? It shows how they made the food. I was really impressed that they actually made the food dishes so that the CG would look “real.” You should just watch the clip!
A friend of mine had this to say concerning this movie:
He is a big Pixar lover.
He also loves rats.
One of his pet rats recently had a litter. He can’t keep all the babies, cute as they are, sadly.
So much as Nemo made kids crave tropical fish, he hopes this movie will make kids want pet rats so all his adorable little “rat puppies” (as he calls them) will find good, loving homes.
Either way, the animation in this movie is making me POWERFUL hungry. I don’t even like strawberries that much, but that strawberry they made was just… wow. Drool-inducing.
And knowing Pixar, it will be a darling little film full of subtle humor and lots of touchy-feely bits without being too glurgy. A wonderful time to be had by all!
lol I am laughing at the Rat puppies, If this movie makes kids want “rat puppies” I think they are missing the whole point of the movie:) I think for me it would be more of going to get a great dinner!!!