Up

Those I have seen:

*The Incredibles
Toy Story
Ratatoullie
WALL-E
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug’s Life

I may yet see Toy Story 2, which several people tell me is better than 1, and Up but have no desire to see Finding Nemo or Cars.

I’ve only seen about half of them, but I put *The Incredibles *way up at the top.

Of those I have seen:

The Incredibles
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
WALL-E
Cars

Disclaimer: I’m a superhero nerd, so I’m a bit biased on #1. Were it not for that, Monsters, Inc. might have gotten top nod. I think it has the best story, but The Incredibles just tugs at my fanboy strings. Finding Nemo and Toy Story are really good, too, but not at the same level to me.

I was mostly indifferent about A Bug’s Life, bored by WALL-E, and outright disliked Cars.

The Incredibles
Toy Story
Cars
Finding Nemo
A Bug’s Life
Ratatouille
Monsters, Inc.
WALL-E
Toy Story 2

Haven’t seen Up

Ratatouille- Should have been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.
Monsters, Inc.- Very good pairing of Crystal and Goodman. Great chemistry.
Finding Nemo- Beautiful. Ellen D. was incredible.
Toy Story- Better than the sequel.
Toy Story 2- Still excellent.
Cars- Didn’t like at first, but watching it 50000 times with my son, it improved.
A Bug’s Life- I always forget its Pixar. It is like a really good Dreamworks film.
The Incredibles- Superhero fan, but thought this one was boring. Only one I didn’t really like.
Never seen:

WALL-E- Fell asleep during it. Not necessarily its fault. Blame the wine.
Up- Want to see. Will rent it soon.

WALL-E - absolute favorite, but as it’s the only one I saw on the big screen, may be unfair comparison.
Toy Story 2 - Damn that song.
Finding Nemo - I wish I could speak whale.
Toy Story - Woody and Buzz were great together.
The Incredibles - Very funny, very clever, but so much cannon fodder.
Ratatouille - A talking rat preparing haute cuisine? No problem. A human being that can be operated like a puppet by the rat pulling his hair? Stupid. We all have our limits.
Monsters, Inc. - I find Billy Crystal annoying, even in monster form.

Up - Want to see
A Bug’s Life - Indifferent
Cars - Do not want

Oh boy… this really is like choosing your favorite child. Except for “Cars” and “A Bug’s Life.” They’re more like the hamsters of the Pixar family.

1. Toy Story

Three-way tie for 2nd place:
Finding Nemo
WALL-E
Up

1. Ratatouille

2. Toy Story 2

3. Monsters, Inc.

4. The Incredibles

5. A Bug’s Life

6. Cars

1. Up: only time I can remember crying during an animated flick. That first sequence, who DIDN’T get a little verklempt?
  2. Ratatouille: Pretty good movie with some spectacular scenes. The visualization of the taste sensations were simply astounding to me.
  3. WALL-E. I really loved the first half of the movie. Once it got to the space station I thought the quality went down, but the lyrical quality of the no-dialog beginning was just lovely.
  4. Toy Story 2: okay, maybe there was a little misty-eyed thing going on in the Lost Toys musical montage thing. Also the kluged-together toy monsters were utterly terrifying.
  5. Finding Nemo: for the jellyfish. A pretty good movie, but mostly for the jellyfish.
  6. Toy Story: when Mr. Potato head called someone an ass-kisser without saying a word, I knew I was gonna love Pixar movies.
  7. The Incredibles: I liked it fairly well, but it just didn’t stick with me. I don’t remember any stand-out moments in it.
  8. Monsters, Inc. Pretty much the same as the Incredibles in terms of not remembering much of the movie.
  9. Cars and A Bug’s Life: never seen 'em.

Kitty!

really? imho, that few seconds is worth the price of admission.
The Incredibles
Up
Monsters, Inc.
WALL-E
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Cars
A Bug’s Life

1. Finding Nemo. By a mile.

2. Monsters Inc

3. The Incredibles

4. Toy Story 2

5. Cars

6. Toy Story

7. Ratatouille

8. WALL-E

9. Up

10. A Bugs Life

The top three are pretty much tied.

1. Finding Nemo

2. Up

3. The Incredibles

4. Toy Story

5. Toy Story 2

6. Monsters, Inc.

7. Ratatouille

8. WALL-E

9. A Bug’s Life

10. Cars (ugh)

Ratatouille - I was going to say Incredibles, but then I thought: Incredibles, as good as it is, can still be compared to other superhero flicks. There is no movie ever made comparable to Ratatouille, in every sense of the word.
Incredibles - That said, it’s one of the best superhero flicks out there.
WALL-E - Good, intelligent science fiction perfectly realized; I love the second half almost as much as the first. Also the Pixar film I’ve seen the most times, it being my 4-year-old’s favorite movie.
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc.
Bug’s Life
Cars - still a very good movie.

I’ve only seen Up once, and it was dubbed to Hebrew, so I can’t quite judge it yet.

Saw, and ranked:

The Incredibles
WALL-E
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Cars
Didn’t see:

Finding Nemo
Up
Ratatouille

I didn’t really like Cars. It’s as close to a miss as Pixar’s ever done.

Hmm, this is a tough one. I have to say that none of the Pixar films have disappointed me yet, even Cars, which I really enjoyed. I guess I’m not too choosy.

Up
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Cars (it really improves after multiple viewings)
Monster’s Inc
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Wall-E
Toy Story 1
A Bug’s Life

In all fairness, I haven’t watched the original Toy Story since I was in elementary school and so I might rank it higher if I had watched it more recently and I have a feeling that I’d like Finding Nemo much more if I had watched it as often as Cars. But then, I rank them all so close to each other, I’d probably give you totally different rankings based on my mood that day. Nevertheless, Up, Ratatouille and The Incredibles are probably the 3 Pixar movies that I’d bring to my hypothetical desert island movie screening.

Up
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug’s Life
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Cars
The Incredibles
Toy Story 2

Up was just a beautiful story all around, and I really don’t recall ever having laughed and cried so much in one movie. (I merely have to think of Muntz’ reaction to Russell being dragged across the window to get a giggle fit.) Monsters Inc. gets second because of its originality and “Boo!..Kitty!” at the very end. Bug’s Life is a great twist on the old fable, and the fairly overt message of class consciousness and solidarity at the climax isn’t so bad either.

Only one I really don’t like is Toy Story 2. Too many recycled jokes and pop culture references (“I am your father” - was that necessary?) to make it a great Pixar film, more what the other guys put out on a regular basis.

Monsters, Inc.
Toy Story 2
Up
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
WALL-E
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
Cars
A Bug’s Life

Tier 1
The Incredibles - This movie is about as close to perfect as it gets. Beautifully animated, genuinely funny, and a lot more intelligent than you normally expect out of a cartoon.
Ratatouille - Probably one of the most unique movies ever made.
Finding Nemo - This would win for me on the squee factor alone, because I love sea creatures.
Monsters, Inc. - Again, a totally squee-worthy movie. Brilliant stuff.

Tier 2 (all equal)
Up - Has one of the most moving montages I’ve ever seen in my life. Blubber.
Toy Story - It’s funny.
Toy Story 2 - Amazingly, this one’s just as funny.
Tier 3
WALL-E - Awesome animation, cool concept, just not very enduring as a story.
Cars - I liked this way more than I expected to. And actually found it quite moving once I got into it.
A Bug’s Life - I don’t even remember this film very well, so it probably was not the best.

That’s a general ranking. The order would be completely different if it was ‘‘Best Animation’’, ‘‘Funniest’’ or ‘‘Most Inspiring’’