Reading the fine print

On another thread, some one made a reference to the legal notice contained on this board. This started me wondering about how many people had read it and considered its consequences. For those who missed it it says;

So, in other words, those of you who have posted about how you lost your virginity, sexual fantasies you’ve had about co-workers, illegal drug use, your true feelings about your boss, histories of venereal disease, felonies you committed and were never caught at, how much you hate your parents, your most embarassing moment, your appreciation for Neil Sedaka music, and/or being sodomized by dildoes, have all granted The Chicago Reader the right to publish the same in the next edition of The Straight Dope or any other media forum they choose.

Now my question is, is this a case of “who cares, it’s all true?” or “nobody I know ever reads a book anyway” or “my username is an impenetrable disguise” or “I knew this but sometimes I write without thinking” or “Dear God in Heaven, my Mom could read this!”

I would think that since these forum pages are on the internet, appearing in a page in Cecil’s book is a minor concern.

I personally always make sure I’m wearing clean underwear when I post.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

Doesn’t matter to me, I never have anything worthwhile to contribute anyway.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

If the Chicago Reader feels it can make a profit off of my ass, more power to them…

Yer pal,
Satan

I’m not running for office, so I’m not worried about it.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Ohmigod! I admitted I liked Hudson Hawk on this MB! buries face in hands and sobs helplessly

I think that the Chicago Reader should use the stuff about Satan’s ass, just so that they could use the slogan:

CHICAGO READER: Exploiting Satan’s Ass since 1999.

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

Are you kidding me? If I rated a reference in one of Cecil’s books, I would pass out from the honor. Unfortunately, nothing I post is that witty or memorable, probably because I am very very careful what I say here.

Usually.

Jodi

Fiat Justina