rebj0rn as a troll, but just as stupid.

PapaBear once said:

bj0rn:

He denies being a troll without knowing what one is!

bjorn:

He used it even though he admits he has no clue what it means.

Well, bj0rn, to help the fight against ignorance, a troll in this sense has nothing to do with the hairy beast that you might think (or actually be.) It refers to fishing IIRC. A troll is one who posts merely to get a reaction from the other posters, essentially “fishing” for a response.

There are several examples of your linguistic tactlessness. Here is motive, proving that your ARE a troll.

bj0rn:

If you want to understand troll posts better, bj0rn, try this thread-
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001590.html

Okay, now who’s with me?

I think you summed it up pretty well, krish.
I really have nothing to add, except to say that I posted to get some attention and, you know, maybe a response.
::Boink::

Ouch!

BjOrn may not be a troll, but he is an idiot.

If he wants a definition of that, I’d suggest he get a dictionary.

Yer pal,
Satan

I see our friend Bjornito is back in business again. What’s he doing this time? It can’t be bashing the US, can it?

‘The beginning calls for courage; the end demands care’

He’s doing some US/Canada bashing, but now he is defending all trolls on the board without knowing what a troll is.
Check out the Troll List thread.

krish: i was asking for YOUR definition of a troll.

and about the bashing thing. who started the "i hate canada " thread??, who started the “is there intellEgent life in iceland?” (spelling not corrected).

bj0rn

Well, the “I hate Canada” thread was a bad joke, although I would guess that charges of trolling could certainly be leveled against the OP.

The Iceland thread, as has been pointed out on numerous occasions, was a humorous rebuttal of Thorliefur’s constant trolling against the U.S. While it might me offensive to someone who stumbled into it unaware, it was not trolling, per se, but satire.

Tom~

never said the “humorous rebuttal” was trolling in any way, besides it hardly could have been. because if im not mistaken, trolling was invented in that thread (at least one of the first threads to use the word). and as you so accuately pointed out, it was a bit offensive to someone who stumbled into it, you know the rest.

and bad joke or not, its still the bbq pit, and in my opinion one cant be accused of trolling in here. its a place where you can flame and expect people to flame you in return. i belive trolling happens when someone acts in a bbq manner in other forums.

bj0rn

Sure he’s an idiot, Satan. But he’s an (occasionally) entertaining one.

-andros-

“Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One!” Exceptions? None!
-Doc Bronner

bj0rn:

Well, bj0rn, the definition I gave is the standard definition of a troll on message boards… not just this one.

He might be entertaining every once in a while, but right now he’s annoying the hell out of me.

Hoe:

Even Hoe understood that he was wrong about the Iceland thread.

Bjorn:
OK, I understand that you are not great at writing/typing the English language. Fine. But:
A) whatever the hell language you speak, chances are they use punctuation and capitalization.
B) You defend yourself as someone who is trying to be a true, intelligent, contributor to the SDMB. But all you do is try to tick us all off. Little bit of inconsistency, methinks.
C) There are no laws in the US that states that we must all use proper grammar and such. But we do it anyway, for the benefit of those whom we converse with here. You mention a well-known poet who didn’t use punctuation. Well, for one, you’re not a poet, and two, if you want to share poetry, go to another message board.

JMcC, San Francisco
http://members.tripod.com/~weirdstuff/index.html
“Hear the voices in my head, I swear to God it sounds like they’re snoring”

[QUOTE]
Hoe:
I apologize. I truelly cruelly do. I had no right to call you, or anyone, those names. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

krish:
Even Hoe understood that he was wrong about the Iceland thread.

[QUOTE]

really? did he now? the only thing this quote of yours says is that he is sorry for calling people names. and he should be, he used some bad ones. but i know, because ive talked to him, that he didnt really mean it. just cruelly mean it(i know this sentance sounds silly, but its supposed to to so, its a word puzzle.)

krish: do you know where you go wrong in the iceland thread? by expecting everybody to sit by and watch papabear kick and yell at thorleifur(no matter how stupid he is). and why? because he dragged a whole country into it. so i replied in the same manner(accusing a whole country of stupidity, and for the record…i am right, ill explain if i have to later(because i have already explained my self in another thread. try to find it ;))).

bj0rn

one is right until corrected, then its left.

PapaBear was not attacking Iceland in any way. His thread was a parody… I guess your two brain cells can’t store that vocabulary word long enough. A parody, you bj0ron, imitates something to create a comic effect.

PapaBear was mocking a thread of Thorleifur’s called “We couldn’t refrain from asking,” in which Thorleifur challenged the intellectual capacity of Americans in the GQ Forum, clearly an inappropriate location for such a question.

You might argue that the parody could have been misinterpreted by idiots like yourself, bj0rn, to which I would have to concede defeat.

Getting through to that boy is like herding cats.

{{and bad joke or not, its still the bbq pit, and in my opinion one cant be accused of trolling in here. its a place where you can flame and expect people to flame you in return. i belive trolling happens when someone acts in a bbq manner in other forums.

bj0rn}}

Yes, it IS possible to troll in the Pit. And if I think you’re doing it, I might very well delete your post.

Lynn/SDStaff Lynn
For the Straight Dope

Guys? I’m sorry, but I strongly suspect that several people start foaming at the mouth simply at the sight of the name bj0rn. Could he improve his S&G? Yeah, and I think he ought to if he’d like to stick around, but the only time he truly gets incomprehensible is when he tries to post oblique thoughts to get you to think about stuff.

Based on the fact that those posts invariably bring down more flames and no one ever reads what he is trying to say, I’d say he ought to give up that sort of posting. They do not accomplish what he hopes for them. But he doesn’t wander all over the MB disrupting other threads and hurling curses at everyone in sight; he hardly qualifies as a loverock category troll.

If he bothers you that much: don’t respond! If you accuse someone of trolling and you snap at every hook he sets, who is the greater fool?

I suspect that if everyone cut the other guy some slack, some of this bitterness would slack off. On the other hand, you folks are all having fun at this, so, having dropped my two cents, I’ll leave you all to your bile.

Tom~

picks up the two cents

Well, here’s my two cents on this one. Bj0rn, ya dweeb, if I may quote you:

" really? did he now? the only thing this quote of yours says is that he is sorry for calling people names. and he should be, he used some bad ones. but i know, because ive talked to him, that he didnt really mean it. just cruelly mean it(i know this sentance sounds silly, but its supposed to to so, its a word puzzle.) "

Bj0rn, bj0rn, bj0rn. Every God-Damn Thing posted by you is a fucking word puzzle !!

Now, how about taking a nice plunge into that steaming Geiser just outside your cave ?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

thank you tomnebb, your spark of intellegence is like a light in the dark…the darkness goes away.
but some people are hiding behind the bones of their thick skull (notice how i didnt name any names here).

yes lynn, i remember your “delete” thread (though i cant find it or i would have a link) and i do agree that posts like you described them (and as per straightdope rules) should be deleted. but do try to find one from me :wink:

coldfire: i do that every day…what about you you?

some people tend to make things a bit more complicated that the have to…but thats only because the arent certain of their own intelligence. there are hundreds of ways that could make your life less complicated, and one of em is yourself.

Thank you, Tom. Through no fault of his own, Björn happens to push all my frustration buttons. I don’t think he’s a troll; never have. And I’d rather an army of Björns than a single Loverock.

-andros-

thank you andros, i guess im going to have to take that as a compliment :wink: hehehe

bj0rn