Recipes for tuna steak?

I’ve only cooked tuna steak once before, and I think I overcooked it. Anyone got a favourite recipe for me? I’m open to suggestions, as I’d like to do more than just grill and serve with vegetables. I’d prefer not to over cook them. Thanks.

Have a fresh ahi tuna steak cut from one and a half to two inches thick. Once home, wrap it is saran wrap. About an hour prior to your grilling, place the wrapped steak in the freezer. Freeze the steak until the outside is firm but not stiff–you should be able to make indents to the inside with your fingers. The point is to enable the outside of the fish to withstand the drying out of the grilling heat, while enabling the inside to cook every so slightly. I prefer my tuna a tad more than sashimi-like on the inside. I tend not to dope it up with too many addons–maybe wasabi mayo a little bit–try serving that as a meaty sandwich. Grilled vegetables, like asparagus, onions, green beans, in sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger sauce etc work great.

Tuna is easy to overcook. If you don’t like rare fish, this is probably not the fish for you. The following is a nicely dramatic presentation.

Grilled Tuna with Sauce Vierge

4 oz olive oil
1 TBS garlic, chopped
1 tsp basil, chopped
salt & pepper
6 tuna steaks

Sauce:
4 oz olive oil
2 oz lemon juice
1 tsp garlic, chopped
2 TBS basil, chopped
3 oz tomato concasse
1 oz black olives, chopped
salt, pepper, dash hot sauce

Combine oil, garlic, basil for marinade. Dust filets with salt & pepper and coat steaks. Marinate for one hour. Preheat grill. Remove as much of marinade as possible. Grill to medium rare.

While steaks are grilling, prepare the sauce by warming the olive oil in a pan. Add the remaining ingredients to the oil and heat through. Slice tuna on bias on plate and spoon the sauce over.

Should have explained:

Tomato concasse: Quarter the tomatoes and remove/discard all pulp and seeds. Dice the remaining flesh into about 1/4" pieces. You won’t be cooking the tomato excessively, so peeling isn’t necessary.