Recomend me a Peach Salsa

OK I don’t want to make my own for regular every day use.
I allready know and love D.L.Jardine’s Peach Salsa it’s not to sweet has big peach chunks and is nicely spicy. The problem is it is $6.00 a jar and I get through jars quite quickly.
So does anyone have a recomendation of a cheaper but just as good Peach Salsa?

Make your own. It’s the only way to get a price break on it. Every brand I know of is at least $6 a jar.

I seriously have the best recipe for nectarine salsa, and I imagine you could use peaches to good effect. It’s a recipe I put together from a couple I saw in Cook’s Illustrated, and I make it a lot. It doesn’t take that long…maybe 1/2 an hour to cut up all the stuff, and it is de-licious. The rough recipe (I can get you the exact amounts of everything tonight when I get home, but it’s a recipe that you don’t have to be that exact with, anyway:

3-4 nectarines, pitted and diced small
1 shallot, finely chopped,
kernels from one raw ear of corn
1 habanero pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced (be careful when you handle the pepper…don’t touch anywhere on your face!!! Wash hands after handling!!!)
Fresh cilantro chopped to taste…I think it comes to a tablespoon or so
A little lime juice stirred in…maybe about a tablespoon
Some sugar if the nectarines are tart (again, do it to taste)

Stir it all up & put it in the fridge to blend the flavors.

It is so good! It doesn’t last TOO long, but we usually use it all up before it goes bad.

I thought for sure someone would have mentioned this…Trader Joe’s has an awesome spicy peach salsa…It’s not $6.00 per jar…I think it’s $1.99…but then I don’t know how big of jars we’re talking.

Is the TJ’s salsa really good? I have considered it but not tried it yet.

Paul Newman’s Own makes a delicious peach salsa that is only $2.50 or $3 per jar.

I’ll look out for some Paul Numans Peach, only had regular in the shop I tired yesterday.

OK I’ll play my BUMP card now, and hope for suggestions from the weekend croud…

I’m not completely sure I love the peach as much as I do the black bean, but I’m a HUGE fan of the black bean version of Mrs. Renfro’s.

The black bean is pretty sweet as those things go, and you should try it. The company also has peach and some other flavors.

Sailboat

Also, Wal-Mart has a Sam’s Choice Peach-Chipotle salsa that’s pretty tasty.

Actually, there may be pineapple in that too.

Oh snap, I forgot! If you go to Target (or actually Super Target, which has a better selection), they have an awesome Peach-Pineapple Salsa as part of their higher-end store brand, Archer Farms. That one is mild, and they have a medium Tropical Fruit Salsa (a little harder to find) that contains mango as well as peaches and pineapples. Don’t worry about the fact that it’s a “store brand,” as I’ve found Archer Farms products in general to be extremely high quality. I love all their salsas, but those two are the best. Also, I believe the jar is either 24 or 32 ounces (I forget which) and only costs $3 – a great bargain.

Second (third?) Newman’s Own !

Wish I had some right now

I’ll look out for the black bean, but their peach salsa is way too sweet, it was the first alternative to Jardine’s that I tried.

Is all peach salsa as sweet as Newman’s Own? I like that it’s surprisingly spicy, but it’s so sweet it tastes like I should be eating it over ice cream.

I find peach salsa way too sweet…I much prefer mango. You can find a good one at the Whole Paycheck although it is dead easy to make, anyway.