I’m in the mood for a good old fashioned “adventure” style computer game. My absolute favorite in this genre was Thief 3, a franchise that is alas, no more. I’ve also liked others of this type, but it’s been so long that I can barely remember the titles.
What I’m looking for:
- first person / one main character. I don’t want to control a whole group of people.
- something not too shooty. I don’t mind some fighting, but I liked the subtlety in Thief 3.
- I’m not so much into the realistic games, like Splinter Cell. I like medieval or sci fi or whatever. Magic and technology, that kind of thing.
- I like a bit of free form tied in with a good storyline.
- No on-line games. I have on-line games, I’m trying to find something that I can play by myself, in 5 minute sessions if that’s all the time I have.
Games I’ve liked and played in the past:
Oblivion ( haven’t finished, though. Maybe I should finish it.)
I’ve played a lot of MMORPGs - EQ, WoW, etc
The aforementioned Thief 3
(insert a gazillion more that I can’t remember right now)
I’ve considered Syberia, but was a bit put off by the demo when it came out because it had a bit too much structure and not enough storyline. I particularly remember things like not being able to use a cell phone and being told simply “you don’t need to use that right now.” C’mon, guys, come up with something a little more interesting. However, I’ve heard really good reviews of it since I played the demo, and if people like it I could be convinced.