Recommend me Stir-Fry Recipies

Anything from noodles and beef in a wok to classic stir fry with chicken or seafood.

I am working on eating healthy and losing some weight for a wedding in September and I would like to have stir-fry dinners as much as possible. I wish this because I have a wok, it is easy to prepare and makes a light meal (or two).

So far I basically have been eating stir-fry veggies, some hoisin (sp?) sauce, chicken, beef or shrimp. No rice, but I am not opposed to eating it with rice or pasta.

If you like eggplant, there’s a simple dish I make based on something I had a restaurant. Saute cubes of tofu until brown, then set aside. Cube the eggplant and stir fry it until it is very tender–almost melting. Add minced garlic, the tofu and oyser sauce to taste, with maybe a tsp of sugar. You can also add some red bell pepper and/or onions when the eggplant is starting to get cooked.

My standard stir fry marinade is soy sauce, sugar, fresh minced garlic, minced ginger and Mirin rice wine. I’m not sure about the quantities, I just taste it to determine the ratio. The critical ratio is sugar to soy sauce. The rice wine is not absolutely necessary, but all other ingredients are crucial. I then soak the meat (I use chicken or pork usually) in the marinade for as long as I have the time, then stir fry the meat first and then set it aside.

Next, I cook the veggies in order of time taken to cook. Onions are the only absolutely necessary vegetable and should be cooked first to translucency, but of course have to be complemented by a green vegetable. My favorite is broccoli.

From Wu, Lilian. The Asian Kitchen. I recommend the book.

Beef Stir-fry with crisp parsnips.

3/4 lb parsnips
1 lb round steak
1 lb trimmed leeks
2 red bell peppers, seeded
3/4 lb zucchini
6 tbsp spoon oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
salt and pepper

Matchstick the parsnips, fry until crisp, set aside.
Fry the steak until done. Remove.
Cook vegies as recommended in above post so they are all crisp at the same time.
Add meat and hoisin, stir fry until hot.
Serve with parsnips.

I’ve varied the vegetables to just the parsnips. I usually add onions and use more garlic.