Recommend some ADULT SF or fantasy

It doesn’t have to have graphic sex in it. Anything you consider erotic or has believable romantic relationships.
My personal favorite is Astra and Flondrix By Seamus Cullin.
I’ve always thought that Jack L. Chalker was the most erotic mainstream writer.
I enjoy the Sword Of Truth series, although the first two or three books went a little overboard with the B&D/S&M.
I’m not a big fan of the recent spate of vampire and werewolf series.

Do you have a preference you prefer reading about? Gay, straight…?

Lynn Flewelling has some great fantasy books … specifically the Nightrunner series, starting with Luck in the Shadows, that have believable relationships and are reasonably erotic.

Davy by Edgar Pangbourn. Not explcit, but highly erotic.

I’ve always enjoyed Venus on the Halfshell by Kilgore Trout, aka Philip Jose Farmer.

“The Seer King” and it’s sequels are the best fantasy books I have ever read. I am not a fan of fantasy normally, generally preferring mainstream or science fiction, and I never would have picked this book out (it was bought for me by my wife) but I really enjoyed this series. It has an intricately thought out and realistic seeming world that seems a hybrid of Byzantium and India, a logical and consistent magical system, very three dimensional characters, and a plot that grabs your attention and doesn’t let go. I thought for a while in the first book that it might be an alternate history where India was invaded by Rome, but getting further in I saw it is a fantasy world with just similarities to some Earth cultures. It’s a very dark series.

It is definitely oriented towards adults, the battle scenes are very gritty and violent, and there is fairly frequent explicit sex. It deals with other adult themes such as obligation to family vs. friends vs. country and infidelity very well.

For older stuff, try some of James Branch Cabell’s books.

Piers Anthony’s first book, Chthon, was pretty graphic. I don’t recall whether the sequel, Phthor was as well, but I would assume so. They’re not real easy reading, and aren’t terribly mass market even minus the sex, but I thought quite good.

If your tastes include the esoteric, you may want to check out John Norman’s Chronicles of Gor series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gor

Terry Goodkind’s Wizard’s First Rule

Mord-Sith? Oh yeah.

Jacqueline Carey’s double trilogy set in Terre d’Ange:
*Kushiel’s Dart
Kushiel’s Chosen

Kushiel’s Scion
Kushiel’s Justice
Kushiel’s Mercy*

Just what I was coming in to suggest. Both trilogies are chock-full of both the erotic and the adult relationships (though more so in the first), plus it has all sorts of interesting political intrigue and scheming.

Lesbian is alright but definitely not homosexual.

Are you familiar with the works of Robert Silverberg?

Hi! :smiley: :wink:

Um, it might be kinda awkward, but Storm Constantine’s Wraeththu books are interesting - there are two hermaphrodite races, but each one still manages to include the traditional gender roles. This could also go in the current ‘mindfuck books’ thread.

There’s also the Wayfarer books by Sara Douglass. I actually stopped reading them because of a relationship in the novels, but the series touches on sexuality in different ways.

Never thought I’d ever recommend Piers Anthony for any reason, but there’s no doubt whatsoever that “Firefly” is not kid safe. Nope, not at all.