Recommend some good documentaries on RELIGION.

I loved Jesus Camp, Deliver us from Evil, Trials of Ted Haggard, Root of all evil

I really like documentaries on “fringe” people, but anything on religion is interesting.
What should I see?

The Eyes of Tammy Faye is quite good.

Regards,
Shodan

For the Bible Tells Me So.
Christian families and dealing with gay/lesbian children.

Moving from IMHO to Cafe Society.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but the Joseph Campbell/Bill Moyers documentary The Power of Myth is absolutely essential in any discussion of documentaries of religion.

I found The Devil’s Playground to be pretty interesting. It’s about Amish teenagers basically deciding whether or not they want to continue to be Amish.

Bill Maher’s Religulous and a little more auto-bio is Julia Sweeney’s *Letting Go of God. *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Hated_Family_in_America

It’s on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU

Marcus Brigstoke has a five minute rant on YouTube.

Here it is.

God’s Cartoonist, about Jack T. Chick- probably free to view on the Net.

“The Mormon Proposition” was good, although I will admit that one interview with an ex-mormon was too emotional so that it was almost unbelievable. The interviews with Mormon church leaders are quite jaw dropping. But it is amazing that there is no limits to how far some Mormon families will go to not only dismiss their homosexual family members but to hurt them.

Also “Jonestown” on Jim Jones.

Seconded, I really enjoyed it.

I know I’ve seen documentaries on Taizé which were in English, but can’t remember the name of any of them.

Searching for the Wrong-Eyed Jesus. It’s very good.

Ernest goes to the Seminary

You can watch Galileo’s Sons on youtube I think. I found it interesting.

And then there’s Trembling Before God, about gay/lesbian Orthodox Jews. I haven’t seen it myself, but I’ve heard good things about it. (And read a very funny parody).

great tips, I have actually seen every single one of the ones mentioned. Keep em coming,

Thanks!

The God Who Wasn’t There.

The Four Horsemen Discussion

Dawkins, Dennett, Harris and Hitchens. Even though they share some common worldviews, they question themselves far more strongly than most Christian apologists can usually manage.

If you can find Extreme Pilgrim, it’s pretty good.
An English vicar has a go at other religions!