Recreational outrage Dan Patrick's tweet

I gotta say, that’s the best hate letter I’ve ever read.

I’m willing to give Patrick the benefit of the doubt, sorta, but there’s still plenty of use for that recreational outrage on the Westboro Baptists.

And you can spare some for the inevitable and disgusting “false flag” conspiracy theorists, too.

The funny thing is that the Gun-Grabber-In-Chief overturned two gun bans put in place by Republican Presidents.

Patrick is claiming that he’s on an island with slow internet, but that his media team pulled the post down. He doesn’t explain why his “media team” wasn’t on top of things this morning. Perhaps they were chasing the Smoke Monster.

Of course, Dan Patrick doesn’t disagree with the Galatians quote. It’s Holy Script and that’s all there is too it. However, Patrick is so sorry about all the hateful comments that were aimed his way in response. He deeply regrets the hatefulness that people tweeted at him and prays for an end to the divisiveness:

Weird how he doesn’t mention the non-Islamic white kid who wanted to blow up the LA Parade. Weird too how he doesn’t see that right-wing Christian efforts to promote homophobia in the name of religion contribute to hate and anger.

OOOPS! There I go being divisive again!

Not weighing in on Dan Patrick, but lots of people and organizations with social media strategies will plan these things out in advance so the feed is never inactive. It’s child’s play to use a scheduler, and one can always interject live without messing up the scheduler. I do this, planning 5 days of posts at a time, and while I’m no politician, I certainly don’t memorize every tweet and facebook post that is going out. Usually, I’ve forgotten whatever I’m posting by the time it hits my feed.

So Christians, including presumably Patrick, don’t believe in death to gays.

Why don’t they?

The Bible clearly calls for it. Is he second guessing God?

What possible legitimate reason would there be for any politician (or anyone, really) to tweet bible verses? I assume everyone who wants a Bible already has one and can consult it any time they wish.

What a dick thing to do, even in the absence of telling gays they deserve to die for mocking someone’s idea of a god.

Precisely!

Does that apply to anyone who tweets quotations, or only quotes from sources that you don’t like? What possible legitimate reason would there be for anyone to single out any book as one that must never be shared publicly?

I don’t subscribe to twitter, so I’m no expert. I can’t think of a reason to tweet any quotations. But, in the case of the Bible, it’s pretty much in anyone’s home who wants one. So tweeting bible quotes seems particularly ridiculous. Quoting Mark Twain or Thomas Jefferson might be interesting, but the fucking Bible? There’s nothing in there that hasn’t been said 1000 times. Why on Earth would this son of a bitch think we are interested in his selective quotes from the Bible?

So we may see him stand there up front and center and hear him proclaim how pious he is and be impressed. As opposed to a vulgar sinner who’d be quietly beseeching mercy. Luke 18:9-14

They like the Bible and want to share it. Why does anyone tweet anything?

Them maybe don’t hold such strong opinions on things you don’t understand. It’s exceedingly common to post quotes from whatever sources the poster likes. Personally, I don’t post them nor do I read them, but just because it’s meaningless to me doesn’t mean it’s meaningless to everyone.

I’d love to meet someone who says “I really appreciate getting Bible quotes tweeted to me, it adds meaning to my life.” Perhaps you’re right, though. Two things I don’t understand are twitter and religion. Put them together and I’m completely lost.

Hello.

I’m not on Twitter, but I like quotes of all kinds, including biblical ones. So, here’s a party of one. How ya doin’? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and Lt. Dan was better portrayed in “Forrest Gump.”

Is more powerful ultimately, although in a sort of unintentional way. Texas deliberately has a fairly weak Governor, and vests the power in the Legislature.

The Lieutenant Governor is so powerful because he’s the guy who controls the legislative calendar for each legislative session. So he essentially has the power to single-handedly bury laws toward the end of the session and if they run out of time, they’ll never even see the light of day.

I don’t think the post-Reconstruction designers of the Texas government had this in mind when they designed the state Constitution, but that’s how it’s turned out to work.

All that said, Dan Patrick is a massive throbbing dick. He’s such a moron that he makes Ted Cruz look appealing by comparison.

Unless you’ve lived a very isolated life you have met people who think that way, even if they haven’t said it.

*I will pull your skirts up over your face so that your shame might be seen. — *Jeremiah 13:26
*"Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom because of the breasts of your youth. — *Ezekiel 23:21
“If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin,’ … and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones — Deuteronomy 22:13-14
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
— Psalm 137
[COLOR=#8A7C3C][FONT=Museo]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

This Facebooker (who I’m not friends with- apparently it’s a public page) claims to have proof the tweet wasn’t a scheduled post. I don’t know enough about Twitter to gauge its accuracy (I don’t use or follow anyone on Twitter) but perhaps someone who does can give us an informed opinion.

I was wondering what the Hell Dan Patrick had done, he seems like a nice, thoughtful guy.