Red Bull heir arrested in deadly Thai hit-and-run

The little rat bastard skipped the country … again.

While I can see the delay and avoidance possibly happening in the US, given his wealth,
I think the fact that his victim was a police officer, would make things a little different here.

His nickname, “boss”, pisses me off. What is he the boss of besides his trust fund.

Reeks of Trump. (I know, no connection, but it still reeks of that asshole.)

And the little fuck has left Singapore one step ahead of the cops, but – oh, poor baby – had to leave behind his private jet. Boo-hoo.

If there’s no connection, why do you insert this?

Siam Sam: When he’s finally in Thai custody, are all his efforts to flee justice likely to make his sentence substantially worse?

(Clearly, he deserves at the minimum a public flogging.)

He’s the heir to not one of the richest men in Thailand but the richest man in Thailand, a dollar billionaire who makes Trump look like a pauper. I will honestly be surprised if the little fuck gets anything more than a slap on the wrist. Oh, he may actually even receive a jail sentence, if it comes to that, but showing up and serving it is another matter. It’s just how things work in Thailand.

But they have finally canceled his passport. Of course, so-called “hi-so” (high society) people in Thailand often have passports from several countries they’ve become citizens of, often for tax breaks in doing business there. That’s one reason they’ve not been able to corner Thaksin, he;s known to have at least three other passports besides Thai – Cambodian, Nicaraguan and one of those former Yugoslav republics, and probably from Dubai too, where he spends most of his time.

Small update. Looks like the police have yet to submit an extradition request to the Attorney General’s Office. Now, I wonder why that might be. Hmm.

The police claim they’re not dragging their feet at all, it just takes time to get the international arrest warrant translated into English. :rolleyes:

The National Anti-Corruption Commission is investigating cops who may have helped slow things down, but don’t expect miracles. The little twerp is safe and sound in London, and that is where he plans to stay.

Finally, the extradition order has been translated into English and should reach prosecutors “soon.” Yessirree. Should be any time now. Mmm hmm.

Police deny they’re stalling, but the Office of the Attorney General still has not received the extradition request.

Prosecutors receive ‘Boss’ extradition request, finally, but gosh-darn it, wouldn’t ya know? They plumb forgot to fill in the box for the country he’s living in now. D’oh! :smack: Of all the luck. So more delay. (Psst. The kid’s in England, at his parent’s mansion in London.)

Just to review, the specific charge in question here is failing to help a crash victim, with the statute of limitations expiring on September 3. But the other charge, reckless driving causing death, won’t expire for 10 more years.

Interpol has issued an Arrest on Sight order. We’ll see.

We may see. But I’m betting some police won’t (choose to) see. They can’t arrest on sight that which they never sight.

I could ‘understand’ this foot dragging if it were some regular citizen he killed, but he killed a cop. Is there no sense of self-preservation among the police in Thailand? No internal loyalty?

This foot-dragging would be comical if it weren’t a tragic story. I’m waiting for the police to announce - “Yeah we filed the report with Interpol. Yeah, with that New York rock band, Interpol. Was that the wrong Interpol?!? Oh! Our bad!”:stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect he would be difficult to find, after all Red Bull gave him wiiiings!

No.

The little son of a bitch has now escaped another charge, the statute of limitations on the hit-and-run charge having expired today. But the charge of causing death by reckless driving is good for another 10 years. His last known whereabouts was Taipei in April and May, but he seems to have been entering and leaving Thailand with impunity. It’s an open secret his main hideout is the family mansion in London.

That’s f’ed up.
Maybe one of the lawyers can correct me if I’m wrong, but in the US, if you’re charged before the statute of limitations runs out & become a fugitive can’t you still be tried once your found, even if it’s after the end date of the statute of limitations?

BTW, his story may the NY Post.

Interpol has now posted a red or arrest-on-sight order for the little shit.