Given the Director’s previous credits, looks like they’re keeping the slapstick/hijinks feel of the orignal. That’s totally wrong! See my previous post.
If any remake demands a re-interpretation rather than just a remaking, F-troop is it!
Ice Cold in Kabul - Bruce Willis, Nicholas Cage, Alan Rickman, Beyonce and Rene Zelwiger drive an ambulace across Afghanistan - all the while dreaming of an ice-cold diet coke in Kabul’s branch of McDonalds
A Matter of Life and Death with Jim Carrey, Madonna and Robin Williams. Nobody likes the French these days, so Conductor 73 can be played by The Rock.
I recently watched Stalag 17 and briefly thought about how a remake with Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughan, Owne Wilson and Ben Stiller would fly. Hope I never find out…
[QUOTE=HPL]
I heard rumors of that a decade ago. I assumed the project died.
But then again,the same thing happened with DOOM. Hopefully this turns out better then that.
[/QUOTE]
I’m not sure how it could be anything other than embarassing. I really was being facetious about casting the movie. The script I imagined for it would have been awful.
What’s Happenin’? The Movie with Will Smith as Raj, Kenan Thompson as Rerun, Coolio as DeWayne, Queen Latifah as Shirley and Angela Bassett as (a now svelte) Mama.
Sunset Blvd as a remake and reunion vehicle for Cher and Frankie Muniz. Norma’s now a disco diva and Max (Phil Spector) her first manager.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Demi Moore as Maggie, Ashton Kutcher as Brick, Faye Dunaway as Big Mama and Burt Reynolds as Big Daddy (though with Leslie Jordan as Big Daddy there’d be great potential).
Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner remade as another starring vehicle for Rosie O’Donnell and Harvey Feirstein, liberal parents who must contend with hypocritical guilt over their son (Neil Patrick Harris) dating their adopted Third World Orphan (B.D. Wong) who grew up to be a Gay Doctor Without a Border…
EQUUS with Robin Williams as Dr. Dysart and Kevin Federline as Allan Strang.
Annie Hall remade with Mel Gibson and Barbra Streisand in the Allen/Keaton roles.
Diff’rent Strokes as a big screen production starring Paris Hilton as Kimberley, Kathy Bates as Mrs. Garrett, Cedric the Entertainer and Chris Rock as the voices of digitally animated Arnold and Willis, and Michael Richards as Mr. Drummond. (Worst scene: Mr. D gets livid when Arnold and Willis try to walk out during his lecture on tolerance.)
Twelve Angry Men starring Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence or Jim Carrey in every role. Special guest appearance by Joan Rivers.