Remove stains from Corian

Our 12 year old white corian sink has started to develop stains that do not come out with scouring powder. Does anyone have a method or product that they have used that will work on these types of stubborn stains?

Have you tried sanding it down? Do you know how deep the stain has penetrated?

First try a liberal application of SoftScrub with bleach. Soak the surface, then cover with a paper towel and then some saran wrap to keep it from evaporating. Let that sit for half and hour then rinse and see how it looks.

You can also try making a slurry of Comet and acetone (again cover with something to soak it up and hold it in place and the plastic to keep it from evaporating.

NOTE! This is for White Corian, these will bleach out a lot of colors so test in an inconspicuous location first.

I don’t think the stain is really that deep. Corian recommends sanding with 400 grit wet dry sandpaper. I have not tried that yet, being fearful of causing more damage, but if nothing chemical or less invasive works, I will try that.

Nothing to lose. If you end up damaging it, a countertop guy can buff it out for you.

Corian is non-porous, I agree the stain can’t be that deep. As Chefguy points out it is easily repairable.

You might also try dishwasher detergent. I haven’t tried it on Corian, but with the bleach in the mix it may do the job.