Rename the Washington Redskins (version 3)

The Washington Pork Barrels
The Washington Graft
The Washington Gridlocks

Suggested before, but I like the Washington Filibusters.

Y’all are going about this the wrong way around. They don’t need to change the name-they just need to change the mascot:

Planters buys naming rights to Washington NFL team stadium. Team to retain name.

Given the team’s ineptitude the past two decades, that’s probably an appropriate name.

Why not the Washington Tan, or the Washington Orange?

The only way to escape from their shameful, racist past is to completely disband the franchise.

The Washington Trumps, that ought cause some amusing confusion.

There’s only one possible mascot.

For the Washington Trumps? Yeah, but it’s a bit disgusting to drag a turd around the ballpark.

Unless it becomes the D.C. FuckSnyders, I’m pretty ambivalent about the new name. It’s great they’re finally close to ditching the old, racist name, but until that racist, waste of human flesh owner is gone, the team can rot. I feel a bit bad for their fans (75% of whom have Indiginous people’s blood I’ve been told), but c’EST la vie.

How about something more inclusive, like the Washington Colored Skins?

They already have a second commonly used nickname. Just make it official.

Shouldn’t be presidents, nobody likes them and Snyder can’t keep a quarterback for 4 years.
Watching Pundits get beaten up on a Sunday is a time honored pasttime in DC.

How about Bridges? DC does not have enough now and the ones they have are falling down, like the team.

How about Swamp?
Or since they already play in Maryland and may move to Virginia call them the DMV (district,Maryland, Virginia) A name never known to work on Sunday.

No one would make it inside to watch the game.

How about:

Washington Interns
Washington Bureaucrats
Washington Posts
Capitol Hills

This has always felt like an absolute no-brainer to me. Keep most of the same colors and imagery (minus the Indian head). It has alliteration. It sounds good and it doesn’t com across like some horrible derivative shit like Raptors or Mighty Ducks. It’s also not some ultra-PC focus grouped non-entity like Heat, Jazz, Thunder or Wild.

I’m also really, seriously out on anything that’s an allusion to the government. Maybe this is just my reaction to the current state of our politics, but that’s some weak shit.

As an aside…I loathe that every time this discussion happens 90% of the responses are bad, overused jokes.

Not as bad a joke as their reluctance to change the name.

Agreed on this all. That would seem to me an easy pick – though the nature of the spear logo may still leave people dissatisfied about appropriation, but they could always come up with stylized-W badges or a non-native spear/shield design.

And yeah, really, some of the allusions to politics and government … please

So you’re vetoing all the suggestions?

:flees: