Repeal the 19th? What war on women?

Some would say it’s the other way around: that which leads to the greater good, is what is real progress.

Maybe if 538 did a chart of who would be winning if black people didn’t get a vote, we’d see calls for a repeal of the 13th.

All prime-numbered amendments should go! The 17th is suspect, and we can sure as hell do without the 1st!

Wait, what…2 is a prime number? No way, it’s even…

Never mind. The plan to repeal all the prime-number amendments was started by Hilary and Obama.

1 is not a prime number…

Facts should never get in the way of a good rant.

As was pointed out by Einstein when speaking to the United Nations in 2007, facts and farts differ only by a single letter.

You can do that. They have a toy where you can adjust turnout and vote preference for different groups.

Without the black vote, Trump would win.

I just recently went to the 538 page for the first time. Some of the data and how they’ve displayed it is so freaking cool. I also enjoyed the post-debate podcast analysis.

Those saying that 1 is not prime are clearly Cultural Marxists bent on destroying Western Civilization! A prime is a number that can only be divided by itself and by 1, 1 can only be divided by itself and by 1!

Stop the Maxist-Islamization of Mathematics!!!1111unooneein

Hell, make th’ broads stagger to the store to buy our dinner on STILETTO HEELS.

…I always think spike heels are so sexy.

1 is a communist number. I mean, “unity” …? COMMUNISM!!!

16th, not 14th. That would get rid of the income tax.

nm

No no no no NO, 1 is an individual (surely rugged!) communist devils hate 1, they are all for the comunity over the individual.

Beat me to it. That’s how I view things also.

Progress is good…when it actually is good.

Some years, just “not losing too much ground” is all we can ask for.

Yeah, it’s the token even prime. An infinite number of odd primes, and just one even prime.

I ask you, how can that be anything but tokenism to make the primes’ blatant discrimination against even numbers less obvious? :stuck_out_tongue:

No. Only you and your fellow hyperventilators took it seriously.

Perhaps my post #8 wasn’t clear. I can’t speak for my fellow hyperventilators, but I am not taking “it” seriously. What I am taking seriously is the stupidity of whomever originally proposed it and those who took up the cry. I don’t care if it was one person or ten million. It’s idiotic.

Dude. Be a little more sensitive.

Chicks hate it when you call 'em broads.

Yes, but because it is a tautology. Progress will always be an improvement by definition. The things that shouldn’t change would not be progress if they do. IF the “cost” is too high, then it’s not yet progress to make that change. So the solution is to do something lesser that could make the cost lower.

The debate between conservatives and progressive is about what changes actually are progress. And what changes were actually regressions and need to be changed back.

For example, I know a lot of people who think that the PC culture is a regressive thing. The “regressive left,” they call it. I don’t. I think there are some not so good parts, with people going overboard through misunderstanding, but that’s true of anything. But, by and large, PC is progress.