Republican activists work to purge voters in Georgia

This is all really horrifying and sad, and yet nothing new. They have a horde of people combing through the rolls, and AI programs that can pop out hundreds of challenges at once, forcing people to show up and argue against them when they might not have the time off. One lady says that God is telling her to do it. Georgia needs help, and maybe Raffensberger will provide it. Maybe.

This is some awful and undemocratic stuff.

If this were to purge the rolls of those that cannot legally vote: criminals, non-citizens, no longer a resident, double-registered voters etc. then I’d support it.
But to take a way a person’s right to vote because their 1 looks like a 7 … it’s reasons like that that I left the Republican Party.

And how many Republican voters are getting flagged, I wonder?

It would also be interesting to know what percentage of minority voters are flagged. Not that this Supreme Court would take notice.

It’s reasons like that that I left the south, and the mid west, and Pennsylvania. And Mars is right out.

There was a Jeffrey Wright documentary from years ago that covered this.

It came out 4 years ago. They actually showed right wing activists in Georgia removing people for frivolous reasons. To them it was like a holy crusade.

Here is an article about it:

I originally watched it on Netflix, it looks like you can watch it online for free from that first link I posted. It’s a good film though as you expect it can be a bit of a downer.