Republicans and Racist Candidates

Notice how they weren’t adults?

From WaPo reporters:

”Arlington, VA: Do you think that the Southern politicians of the Gore-Clinton generation focus on race because they grew up under the pains of desegregation?

David Maraniss and Ellen Nakashima: Absolutely. Clinton a bit more than Gore, in that he grew up in completely segregated Hope and Hot Springs, Arkansas, went to segregated schools etc. Gore, living in Washington much of the time, had a few blacks in his school. But as our story shows, his family saw and experienced the poison of racial segregation when they could find no motel that would lodge them and their African American nanny on the trips between Carthage and Washington.”

Try again.

And you don’t see the incongruity of having an African American servant?

Wouldn’t that make them part of the problem?

in any meaningful = weasel words

I suspect that his rationale is that they joined after Truman’s Executive Order. :rolleyes:

Carter, Dukakis, and Mondale excepted, of course.

I’ve worked as a domestic servant. It is an honorable career.

Original post = completely unfounded accusations leveled irresponsibly without citation.

Are you really suggesting that the military wasn’t officially racist at the times relevant to Republican candidates and that the Mormon Church wasn’t officially racist at the time relevant to Romney?

I’m suggesting that there is no evidence presented that this makes those candidates racist.
Are you seriously suggesting there is?

Let me repeat myself;

Mondale joined in 1951.
Dukakis joined in 1955.
Carter was admitted 1943.

Executive Order was issued in 1948.

You have slandered Mondale and Dukakis. Will admit you were wrong and personally apologize to these men? It is the only honorable thing to do.

Carter was originally nominated before 1980, and he is the one exception.

Quote where I claimed the facts make them racist?

So just to be clear you concede the fact that nothing you have presented demonstrates these men are racist in their motivations for joining these organizations or are racist in any other way, correct?

Your opening post implied they’re racist by the fact they joined a racist organization.

Romney didn’t really join the LDS church-- he was born into it. However, the current Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid D-NV did join the LDS Church when it was officially segregated. At any rate, our new poster isn’t going to be swayed by logic. He’s going to cherry pick whatever data fits his preconceived ideas.

Implied = weasel word

You’d have done better to quote my title, which goes too far.

What organization in American society wouldn’t be racist by this definition?

Clinton chose to be born in a segregated state. One that was the poster child of Separate but Equal. :eek:

From Dictionary.com

Which is exactly what you did in your OP.

Clinton was a Demolay until age 21