Republicans are like a jealous ex-boyfriend

I was reading an article the other day about how, now that WI Gov. Scott Walker was defeated for re-election, the GOP is convening a special session of the legislature to pass laws that will hamstring the incoming Democratic governor. And I recall the North Carolina legislature pulling the same crap a few years ago when their Republican governor was defeated. Which got me to thinking, Republicans are like crazy jealous ex-boyfriends. When you dump them, they don’t just go away. No, they are sore losers. They have that “if I can’t have you, nobody can” mentality where they will burn your car, break into your house, hold you at knife point or gunpoint and generally just make your life a living hell because they don’t get what they want.

At least, that’s kinda how it seems to me…

It’s been amply demonstrated that, by and large, republicans do not believe in democracy. They do not want democracy, unless it means that white, conservative males are running the show.

As they die off and become marginalized, expect even more extreme measures to grasp power. This impotence among the entitled class is unleashing an ugly rage. The next few decades will the test the American experiment in ways not seen before.

I think this is exactly right. The vindictiveness even to destruction is the same emotion.

Link?

Meanwhile, in Texas, a GOP judge upon losing decided that he should free a bunch of defendents that came before his court because that’s what the voters wanted. I.e., he thinks the Dems were just going to release them anyway.

Real mature there.

The first rule of propaganda is never believe your own.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/wisconsin-republicans-consider-limiting-tony-evers-authority

“If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.”
~~David Frum

Cite?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem isn’t republicans, is it the voters who enable them.

If voters stop voting for republicans who declare war on democracy, then the problem will go away.

As long as the voters support this behavior, it won’t stop.

And I’m aware Walker lost his election. But only barely.

It’s almost as if the Republican Party is a white nationalist authoritarian political movement. Let’s see, the GOP dominated Supreme Court ends federal oversight of elections in the south and southern states immediately begin suppressing black voting. Shocking, I’m sure the Supreme Court would be shocked, shocked to find out that what we all knew was going to happen, happened.

I’m being serious when I say I don’t think liberal ex-boyfriends do this, I think this is a feature shared by conservative exes and conservative politicians.

Wrong forum.

Please, just report it.

But I agree. This is better suited to the Pit.

I did.

Emphasis on “just.” Thank you for the report.

Thanks. Always interested in what Frum has to say.

It’s been years since I’ve seen The Wire, but was Omar Little a tender little snowflake who needed safe spaces?

That would make sense, if they weren’t pulling this shit after voters DO vote for Democrats. This is like telling someone who had their business burned down by a vengeful ex-employee that they should have just fired the person.

Since when does someone seeking a bit of order around this place qualify them as a snowflake. People post shit in the wrong places around here all the time. Don’t assume my request for a move has anything to do with my personality, you dumb fuck.