Resident Evil 4 appreciation thread.

I’m stalled in the castle with Leon. Bloody clawed prisoner keeps getting me, usually on the second story tower. :mad:

Just now got the Handcannon! Whew. Now my life is complete.

How you doing, Harborwolf?

Haven’t tried out the Handcannon yet, just started a new game on pro, so I can try it out. It better be all it’s cracked up to be, 'cause I bled for this thing!

I can’t think of another video game I’ve played the heck out of to this extent.

Three times on normal. Twice on Pro. Ada mission. The Merc missions, and now I’ll prolly play pro again to use the Handcannon, and maybe once more to buy & upgrade all the weapons I’ve never owned. Riot Gun, Killer7, Mine Thrower, etc.

Ok, I just got the game down at my local used movie/game/comics shop based on the ravings of you madmen and mad-moiselles. As someone who has only played all the way thru RE1 on the Gamecube, I may need a recap of the (assuredly shakey) stories found in the games that came afterwards. Can somone point me to a site of the plots, or maybe just highlights so I’m not lost when I stumble across plot twists in RE4 that should be surprising to an experienced player?

This one’s based mostly on RE2, since that’s the only one Leon was in. If you really want to know everything, check out the “plot analysis” from here (I can’t link directly).

I wouldn’t worry Max. I’d only played Resident Evil Zero for a few minutes and I had no problem with the story in RE4.

Lev, I took a brief hiatus. Alias was getting a bit tired of me playing it and I wanted a wee break myself. 3 times through and the minigames is quite a bit. I’ll get back on the horse tonight. Just hope I can dodge the friggin claw monkeys.

Hope you enjoy the game as much as the rest of us. Hope you don’t end up with a callous on your thumb like I have. :wink:

Regarding the plot:

You really won’t be confused by anything, since this story doesn’t have much to do with the regular RE storyline. RE usually involves the evil Umbrella Corp. doing something nasty with a virus that turns things into zombies. This story involves a couple of characters you may be familiar with, but the story has very little to do with Umbrella or zombies. This time, it’s all about Las Plagas. I won’t go into too much detail, but instead of zombies you get zombie-like bad guys that are smarter, faster, and can talk.

Harborwolf, there’s one thing that really helped with Leon in the Castle. Believe me, I was about to give up on Mercs, but if you hang out on the first level, killing, etc., wait until you see/hear the claw guy, then run up those stairs to the left. Shoot the two barrels behind the stairs and wait in that spot for claws to show up. For some reason, he’ll stop at the top of the stairs so you can shoot his back. It helps, knowing you can take him out before proceeding.