Resolved: The democrats are going to win.

How dare those evil rich people try to keep all that money people voluntarily pay them for the goods and services their money allows them to provide.

Hate to break it to you, but you’re really not that hard to scrute.

I expect Trump will moderate his tone and verbiage as the election cycle proceeds. He’s already alluded to doing so at least a couple of times, one of which came during the post-debate interview on CNN last night. He’d probably have done so even more had not the debate moderators this year tried to turn the Republican debates into a more well dressed version of the WWF. It’s hard to take the high road when you’re surrounded on both sides by people lying about and distorting your record.

Frankly, I’d like to see Trump be more ‘presidential’ rather than standing there virtually rolling his eyes as his opponents lie about him and then attacking them when it’s his turn, but what do I know? Every time I think he’s put in a poor debate performance his poll numbers go up.

Still, Trump is hella smart and I expect he knows exactly what he’s doing. Further, I think he has a game plan in mind going all the way to the election that will enable him to draw in more and more voters as time goes by.

So all in all I’d be far less confident about a Democrat being elected president next fall if I were the OP.

Not that Bob needs someone else to defend him, but I don’t think he’s complaining about people becoming rich by providing desired goods and services on the free market. I might be going out on a limb here, but I’m pretty sure his issue is with the wealthy and powerful using their money to bankroll candidates who then turn around and reward their donors with fat government contracts, weakened regulations, protection from the consequences of their actions, and blatant corporate welfare.

I might be projecting, though.

Thanks and yeah, that’s a lot of what I meant. Rich donors and the military-industrial complex buy politicians to “rebuild our military” and give massive tax cuts to the wealthy while our infrastructure crumbles. We spend nearly as much as the rest of the world combined on the military, yet Republican politicians would have you believe that we’re on the verge of collapse due to lack of military strength.

Never underestimate the power of an idiot to inspire. I’m afraid Trump may win the nomination, and Bernie will divide the democrats giving Trump the seat.

I’m knocking on wood as I post this. Really, knocking on wood.

Nothing is unthinkable in politics. If somebody like Donald Trump can win the nomination, it’s an indication he has widespread support among the electorate. So don’t dismiss the possibility he could win the general election and become President. It really could happen.

There were plenty of people who dismissed Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama as serious candidates. People were saying they were too lightweight to get elected or their flaws were too glaringly obvious or people will never vote for one of them. And don’t assume that just because nobody you know supports a candidate, he doesn’t have support outside your social circle.

I’ve seen that meme before but I deeply doubt it. At this point a Sanders nomination would divide the Dems less than a Clinton nomination would.

The best part is that so much of it is stuff (being a racist sexist asshat, shifty business practices) that won’t make any difference in the primaries because GOP base voters are OK with it but will be deadly in the general.

If I had to wager, I would pick a victory for the Democrats. Then again, CA elected Arnold as Governor I suspect in part because of the spectacle.

Bernie wouldn’t divide the Democrat collective. Bernie’s biggest problem is the lack of support from the Democrat Party. At one time, Hillary was considered a shoo-in. And I’m not talking about the Hillary vs Obama campaign, which was won by the come-from-behind underdog.

Hillary is not likable. Obama was likable. The super delegates couldn’t jump ship fast enough when Obama began kicking her ass. Currently, without the super delegates, Bernie is close. Hillary can still lose the primary race. But a Bernie win in the primary isn’t going to divide the yellow dog Democrats.

I’d have no problem voting Sanders if Clinton fails to get the nod. So that’s one, amyway.

One big obstacle to Trump winning is the media disinformation campaign distorting what he says, both from the right and the left. So far he’s been able to flip it around and use it to his advantage, but when it comes to the general I’m not sure he can recover from the image of him being a racist/sexist pig. No way Hispanics vote for him with the current narrative. Regardless, I really want a Trump/Hillary debate. Looking forward to that more than any movie or video game release. You know it’ll be comedy platinum (gold is for LOSERS).

I would never vote for Trump for even dog catcher, but watching him eviscerate the GOP establishment and the cray-cray far righties has been great! Now he’s playing whack-a-mole with Cruz and Rubio. He has moved the goalposts, and he embodies all that’s wrong with the GOP - he is saying everything they all believe but are afraid to have out in the open. They created this monster and they are going to have to live with it now. I keep hearing Dr. Frankenstein’s voice “It’s ALIVE!” - that’s probably what the GOP leaders are thinking.

Hillary, warts and all, should have an easy time defeating him, I would agree - as long as she plays the right cards at the right time and is willing to change the game plan as the situation demands. However, don’t underestimate the Democrat’s ability to steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think an even bigger obstacle is them reporting exactly what he said, in context, without distortion.

I wouldn’t be too sure of that. Remember when she tried to go after him for allegedly not respecting women and he shut her down with a tweet? A tweet.

LOL! This is one of my favorite Trump memes (Trumpemes?).

You really believe that? How tweet.

He didn’t “shut her down.” Donald Trump really loves tweeting: it’s a format perfect for recycled one-liners. He went on a binge of what looks like drunk-texting at her: were this not how he usually writes, I’d be certain he was drunk when he wrote it.

Clinton has apparently not responded to him. If the closest he can come to victory is to get the last word, I am sanguine about Democrats’ chances in November.

As a fervent Trump supporter I’m curious how you feel about my suggestion that he makes Kasich his VP nom.

Hillary decided to go on the offensive and was trying to portray Trump as sexist. He nailed her with a tweet that was a veiled threat about Bill and she’s been quiet on the issue ever since. Looks like he shut her down to me.